Trivia

tjcletzgo

Hi    Trivia is fun and light entertainment ,,, but some people take it way too seriously....     ( see below )

It depends on the CD   to the type of questions.... sometime they have the wrong answers....

But go a least to a couple for some fun

Cheers Don

Trivia is held 3 times a day usually sea days. The daytime ones are general topics and the evening one may be on a specific topic. It is free and teams may continue with the same players. They are usually set up randomly with 1 or 2 couples and a few additions. You must keep quiet or other teams may hear your answers. You usually write it down and one person keeps the official answer list. They are exchanged and scored. Prizes are items that can cost a couple of dollars at the store such as pens, magnet clips, key chains,  or even a bottle of champagne to share.

we were just on the royal, and catalina from argentina made a new form of trivia that was super fun.  it was guess the word/spelling when all of the vowels were taking away.  for example *x*mpl*.  you had to have the word and the spelling correct.  it took a bit of time as each team had to go down to turn in answers.  we missed most oft he trivia this time as we were doing other things.  i thought the scheduling on my last cruise was not great as many things were at the same time and clustered together

Ahhh...trivia...great fun especially on slow sea days...free to play...

At home, I’ve got boxes of keychains, luggage tags, decks of cards, pens and other worthless cruise line swag...the whole large box of stuff probably wouldn’t get me more than a couple of bucks on E-Bay...So, you know, we don’t play for the prizes...

Besides, nowadays, it seems to be won each time by either the team with the guy with an unlimited internet package and the Google app...OR...by the guy who plays by himself, then neglects to trade answer sheets, scores his own paper, then claims to have scored 20 out of 20...even though two of the questions were so obscure that no one seemed to get them...Yeah, that Princess non-TSA approved luggage lock was just something the guy had to have at all costs.

Think it doesn’t happen?  One cruise, they played a Trivia game called Princess Jeopardy...At the end, some guy claimed to have a total that was mathematically impossible...500 points higher than what you could have if you had gotten EVERY question right and bet it ALL on final Jeopardy!!  A couple of days later, I saw the same guy at regular trivia...As soon as the questions ended, I ran over and asked to trade papers...he said no and got up and quickly left...but before he did, I got a good look at his paper...he had only 6 or 7 of the 20 answers even filled in!!

Oh, the other one we’ve seen is the team with 10-12 people...even though teams are limited to six...

Luckily, for most of us, we just do it for fun...to see how much we actually know..., 

1 hour ago, vampiress said:

we were just on the royal, and catalina from argentina made a new form of trivia that was super fun.  it was guess the word/spelling when all of the vowels were taking away.  for example *x*mpl*.  you had to have the word and the spelling correct.  it took a bit of time as each team had to go down to turn in answers.  we missed most oft he trivia this time as we were doing other things.  i thought the scheduling on my last cruise was not great as many things were at the same time and clustered together

I like that game.  I would have a hard time guessing individual words.  But remove the vowels from a whole sentence and it is surprisingly easy to read.  Crazy how our minds work.  Well, I guess I should only speak for myself. Haha

Edited by ldubs

2 hours ago, Bruin Steve said:

Oh, the other one we’ve seen is the team with 10-12 people...even though teams are limited to six...

On one recent cruise, a team like that picked the name "group of ten" for the team.

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I can't think of a worse way to pass an hour, especially if some people have a win at all costs attitude.

To each their own.  Obviously many people enjoy it.

If everyone was the same, they'd all be married to YOUR spouse.

• Thanks 1

Very popular. No charge. Teams of up to 6 players. Teams that form during the first day tend to stay together throughout the cruise. Focus of the game depends on the leader. Can be general, specific topic ie music, movies, TV, others. Long cruises may have a cruise long progressive trivia game. Small prizes are fun to win, things like pens, coasters, water bottles, lanyards. 

11 minutes ago, long cruiser said:

Here's a question for everyone.Who was jimmy  carter's vice president?

long cruiser

Hint:  He's the only man to lose elections in all 50 states.

Edited by bemis12
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ldubs said:

But remove the vowels from a whole sentence and it is surprisingly easy to read.  Crazy how our minds work.

And then there is this mix-up method that our minds can easily overcome:

In oedrr to utsndaenrd tihs stcenene nhonitg sceapil is rueriqed.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, long cruiser said:

Here's a question for everyone.Who was jimmy  carter's vice president?

long cruiser

I was going to look it up, and then I decided without looking to up to go with Senator Muskie from Maine. Did I get it right?

We enjoy trivia but have been turned off sometimes by the professional teams of players who take back-to-back-to-back cruises. I'm not sure why they bother to show up. The prizes aren't worth it, and they're not endearing themselves with their fellow passengers. 

Expect wrong answers from the hosts. But it's all supposed to be fun.