C-pap

Maui rats forever

send the access desk a request for distilled water, they will supply it at no charge. You should bring your own extension cord. The ship may not have enough. If his CPAP uses a two prong plug a cheap 15 foot cord works perfectly and it packs in the CPAP bag easily.

In a Joy balcony room, the outlets are not near the bed. We carry a 6 foot and 12 foot light weight extension cord to bring power from the desktop to the side of the bed. Remember that your extension cords should NOT have any kind of surge protection. 

emailing the Access Desk is kinda hit or miss. If the water is not in your room on embarkation, talk to/call your room steward and have them bring a gallon up for you. 

Enjoy your cruise!  Just a little over a month to go!

The link below has some information on the Joy

Edited by BirdTravels

19 minutes ago, adhncruisers said:

I called two weeks ago to arrange for distilled water for my husband's cpap machine and the rep told me that they get so many requests now that you no longer need to go through the access desk. She just added the note to our account.

Yes--as I recall , last time a made a reservation they asked me (for the first time)  if there were any dietary or other needs. She added distilled water  to my account and said I did not have to contact  access desk.

My husband too travels with a CPAP, NCL does provide the distilled water for you at no additional charge. As I booked our most recent cruise in January, I simply asked my PCC to please make a note to my reservation that we would need that water, he did, it should be waiting in our cabin upon arrival (it was on our last cruise), if not kindly mention it to your cabin steward and it will be delivered within the hour. Easy. 

And yes, as others have said, good idea to bring your own extension cord.    Have a fabulous cruise!

• Like 1

I always take my own extension cord, mainly because there are no UK plug sockets in the staterooms. The cord that comes with the cPAP is plenty long enough. I'm also in the fortunate position that I don't need distilled water. I was in receipt of a new cPAP this year that no longer stores data on a card but uses the internet to send data to my GP this is done by using an internal modem and WiFi. So it'll be fun seeing how that works.

4 hours ago, BaWBarmy said:

I always take my own extension cord, mainly because there are no UK plug sockets in the staterooms. The cord that comes with the cPAP is plenty long enough. I'm also in the fortunate position that I don't need distilled water. I was in receipt of a new cPAP this year that no longer stores data on a card but uses the internet to send data to my GP this is done by using an internal modem and WiFi. So it'll be fun seeing how that works.

I just got that type too. I have already warned my doctor there will be a data gap while I am on a cruise. Not sure I want to buy unlimited wifi just for that (even if I could connect it).

7 hours ago, BaWBarmy said:

Our CPAP uses a cell phone signal. It patiently stores data until it finds a signal (I.e. not expensive ship cell service) that it can use. 

• Like 1