Celebrity Summit Live Blog Repo to San Juan Solo/Suite!

EpochTraveler

Hello Everyone! 

I’m soooooo excited to be live blogging a Celebrity cruise again! Last year I live blogged my first Celebrity cruise, my first solo cruise and my first transatlantic! This time, at 23 years of age my first suite on a cruise, and my first time on an M class! My first celebrity cruise last year has made me excited to cruise again. I’ve done the Royals and the Carnivals of the world, and I know even though at 23 that’s just not my way to cruise. 

I hope you all enjoy my live blog and hope we all have a wonderful cruise! 

What a night; Flew from Boston to Newark on United, it was a wonderful flight. Made it to my Hotel in Newark and crashed. I worked Saturday morning at 4AM and as soon as I got to the airport at 9PM it was lights out, and forgot the post the first post, so I’m already behind! Woke up this morning to planes departing and arriving and my inner excitement to board the ship. I’ll be ubering to the port from my hotel about 15 minutes and will begin to update you on the check in process!

I know a lot of you will ask my why at 23, I am traveling Solo, on Celebrity, and in a suite.. I’ll answer all that as the blog goes on. If you like to get a little understanding you can see my live blog last year to get a small idea. 

I’ll update you when I’m on board later today! Thanks for coming along on the journey! 

• Like 3

So before I start, I said Uber earlier but Lyft was cheaper! Always double check! Got the the port gave my bag and a nice Lincoln bill to make sure my bag makes it on board. As soon as I walked in I timed myself to see how long security and check in would take. 
I attached the picture. That’s how fast it took from Check in - Security - then having my caboose in a chair waiting to board. 2 minutes 48 seconds!!! I waited about 15 minutes and then boarding started. 

Now I never had been on an M class so seeing this ship so beautiful and revolutionized is super cool.I hurried to my room, b-lined passed the welcome champagne and was so excited to see my name and suite class together. My Sky Suite is BEAUTIFUL! Im so happy I booked this suite. 

I’m sitting in the retreat lounge and it’s so nice to see past guests reconnecting with one another, it’s very special seeing everyone hugging and the loud gasps of happiness when they walk into the door. 
Now it’s time for me to make a few friends at the sunset bar.

We have a helipad sailaway later I’m soooo excited! 

B6B035FF-3C76-44F5-A0C9-D5B7DB36B940.png

• Like 1

Enjoy!  Just got off the Summit this morning after doing the 2-week Canada / New England cruise. I was most impressed with the renovations but the best thing going on with the Summit is Captain Matt. He is absolutely fantastic. We had a few itinerary changes due to two storm systems and he not only made a brilliant decision in how he changed the itinerary to avoid both storms, but then also took the time to hold two presentations in the theatre to explain everything in amazing detail. Among the best (if not THE best) captain I've ever sailed with in terms of how well he relates to everyone and also how he cares deeply about the safety of the ship and passengers. A true class act. 

BTW..we were also impressed with how quickly and smoothly embarkation went. Unbelievably fast. Loved how they let us drop off luggage in the room immediately upon boarding and then were free to go around the ship. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 1