Yacht club drink package

cruisingnewtoit

MSC does not promise anything regarding what drinks and extra are included in the YC, except for the vague langage on the website regarding drinks. It is a safe bet that most drinks will be included similar to the premium package. For little extras, such as Champagne, gelato, crepes and what not, my attitude is to wait and see. Since none of it is in writing, they are free to alter what is actually included up to your sailing date, and previous experiences might not reflect the practices you'll find onboard.

The beverage/drink package in YC is quite comprehensive. You will find several threads about this and the difference with Premium Plus.

Beamafar is currently on Meraviglia and upgraded to Premium Plus from YC (sorry, I don’t know how to reference a thread or a poster). 

if you pay on board, there is a 15% charge. 

oh, yes OP, by the way: if you leave the YC enclaves, your drinks are still included. Indeed, if you find a cocktail that you enjoy in XYZ bar, don’t hesitate to request it at TSL even if it’s not on the menu. The barman will figure it out with your kind assistance. 

Edited by Zephyr173
  • Thanks 1

We also just got off of the Seaside Saturday. All drinks costing $12 or less were covered, anywhere on the ship. Since most drinks are cheaper than the other lines, there was a big selection. If it cost more than $12, you paid the full price, not just the difference. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

We also just got off of the Seaside Saturday. All drinks costing $12 or less were covered, anywhere on the ship. Since most drinks are cheaper than the other lines, there was a big selection. If it cost more than $12, you paid the full price, not just the difference. 

That is why I want to upgrade. I did read same thing which I did find strange , so used to paying just the difference.

Edited by George C

10 hours ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

From reading other posts & watching YT videos I think the info from my CSR was wrong. It seems YC pax always has the premium drink package.....

That is correct, and it also includes a small number of the lower end Connoisseur (included with Premium +) drinks listed on menus. For example there is a champagne called Nicolas F ($16 on other drinks menus) which is not listed in the YC menu, but included, and a single malt Macallan Select Oak also to name but two.

Unless your drink of choice is something like Johnnie Walker Blue ($25) it may not be necessary to upgrade. My advice is always to wait a couple of days, decide for yourself and then you can upgrade if necessary. For the record, on 3 YC cruises, we have never at any time felt the need to upgrade from the available YC drinks.

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2019 at 6:53 PM, cruisingator2 said:

I called MSC and upgraded us to the Premium Plus package for our seven night cruise. The cost was $133.00 per person. $266.00 total.

That sounds great, unless you are sailing for 21 days.  :classic_blush:

gary

Hi

Going on the Bellisima  in the  YC  area in November 2019

We like a bit of Champagne now and again , I take it as the Nicolas F is not listed on the YC list you will need to ask for it , also on reading the forum they do not have an extensive wine list , we like Reisling and Shiraz along with our meal so looks like will need to see if the Top Sail has anything.

We have never been in the YC before more used to Celebrity.

47 minutes ago, amoscotti said:

Going on the Bellisima  in the  YC  area in November 2019

We like a bit of Champagne now and again , I take it as the Nicolas F is not listed on the YC list you will need to ask for it ,

Indeed, in the same way as you would order any drink. Another little tip...in the restaurant on Gala night each week they offer a glass of Prosecco once you are seated. Simply decline politely, and ask for Champagne instead!

Edited by hamrag

4 minutes ago, amoscotti said:

Thanks for the tips will keep that in mind , is there any dress code for the Gala Nights.

The dress code is still Smart (Resort) Casual, but most people make more of an effort. For men who would typically wear a short sleeve collared shirt, they tend to go long sleeved. For men who typically wear long sleeves, some would go with a jacket. Some (very few) will do jacket and tie, and even dark suit.

The ladies, of course, know how to dress well anyway! My DW would caution, do not wear a gown as we are not talking formal.

1 hour ago, amoscotti said:

....on reading the forum they do not have an extensive wine list , we like Reisling and Shiraz along with our meal so looks like will need to see if the Top Sail has anything.

We are not wine buffs, in any sense, but do know that in the YC many will have conversations with senior bar staff or Sommelier in the restaurant. They generally have a couple of good white and red wines selected each evening. If you have a preference, simply ask and if the restaurant does not stock it then ask your Butler to arrange with the bar to have it delivered for you.

The best wines are available if you upgrade to Premium Plus, but we never felt the need to do so. It also opens up high end spirits with a few more malt whiskies and also the famed (in USA, at least) JW Blue Label.

• Thanks 1

We like a wine but are not experts but will look to the Sommelier for guidance , we tried to upgrade to premium plus but were told it was not available as we were in there YC, had an e mail discussion with MSC booking management but were adamant that we could not upgrade before the cruise , but I dare say on the cruise you can and pay the 15% extra seems that the UK end can't progress the upgrade but other areas of booking can.