Jump to content

Yacht Club BREAKFAST Menu


Host Jazzbeau
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is the Yacht Club breakfast menu, which seems to be essentially the same in all Yacht Club restaurants.

 

In the separate threads for Yacht Club LUNCH and DINNER menus you will note that after the main set of menus, which were given to @Beamafar and declared complete by her YC MD, there are additional menus from other MSC ships and sailings that are at best variations on the main set.  So I am not giving any warranty that the menu posted here is the only breakfast menu.

 

@Beamafar and I have now done our part.  If you would like to contribute, please feel free to post additional menus (or variations) and 'food porn' pictures.  Just please remember that this thread is for Yacht Club BREAKFAST menus only.  See the separate threads for Yacht Club LUNCH and DINNER menus.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

This may have been asked and buried in a different post somewhere but does anyone know if it is possible to order breakfast items via room service in YC that are not on the official room service menu? Such as those on the menu posted above?

I ask because on NCL (suite) they told us that we could order whatever we wanted for breakfast (within reason and if available, of course) even though not on the menu - just to manually write on the card what we wanted. 

Not sure if that's something MSC will do.

 

Thanks!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2020 at 3:02 PM, onlineangel said:

This may have been asked and buried in a different post somewhere but does anyone know if it is possible to order breakfast items via room service in YC that are not on the official room service menu? Such as those on the menu posted above?

 

Good question and something that I did not try to do.  Not sure if one could or not.

 

As a solo YC guest, something unusual in comparison to ordering Room Service on other ships, my Butler served my tray with one cup of coffee--not a pot of coffee--just one filled cop.  Most mornings I went to the YC Restaurant for breakfast.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/20/2019 at 2:51 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

Breakfast:

 

Breakfast-1.jpg

Breakfast-2.jpg

 

If you enjoy a seated/served breakfast, you will love your YC breakfast!

 

Quiet with service (most mornings) as good as at lunch and dinner.  Usually, just one of the two Maitre d's was working, but their excellent, active service was just as good as at dinner.  Once, I ordered both the assorted cheese and cold cut plate:  delicious.  I preferred  the Ranchero Potatoes over the Hash Browns.  When I ordered poached eggs or Eggs Benedict, I was asked how I liked the eggs cooked.  (They were prepared as I requested.)   Coffee cup was kept filled, usually without having to request that.  One morning, I ordered their Stewed Apples and was served enough for 2-3 people:  very good, though.  Their breads that I ate were all very good; I love croissants and those were as good as any I have eaten.

 

One oddity:  while Grapefruit Juice was listed on the menu as being freshly squeezed, when I requested a half Grapefruit, it was not available.

 

Only once did I have breakfast at the YC Pool Grill and was pleased with the offerings.  Items, such as the potatoes or bacon that were self serve, cooled quickly in the open air and I was disappointed with the much fewer choices of the bread offerings.  There were three--as I recall:  hard rolls,  a variety of bread slices, or a small selection of danish type pastries.  A much greater selection was available in the YC Restaurant.

 

I enjoyed Breakfast on MSC Meraviglia! 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 2/8/2020 at 10:13 PM, rkacruiser said:

 

...One oddity:  while Grapefruit Juice was listed on the menu as being freshly squeezed, when I requested a half Grapefruit, it was not available....

 

 

That's odd. We've just come off Preziosa and I chose Fresh grapefruit 11 days out of fourteen...

 

227778900_LaPalmeraie18BreakfastGrapefruit.jpg.bf75c0befcc65dcffd084eec5bb04262.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

 

 

That's odd. We've just come off Preziosa and I chose Fresh grapefruit 11 days out of fourteen...

 

227778900_LaPalmeraie18BreakfastGrapefruit.jpg.bf75c0befcc65dcffd084eec5bb04262.jpg

 

 

Good for you.  I like the fact that the sections of the fruit were served as shown.  Makes it much easier than "digging" the fruit out of the skin.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

 

Good for you.  I like the fact that the sections of the fruit were served as shown.  Makes it much easier than "digging" the fruit out of the skin.  

 

Ah, after the second day I even had the peel removed.

 

That's how good the staff were. They witnessed me removing it on day two and obviously informed the chef.

 

Funnily enough, a few years ago on Seabourn a half grapefruit appeared that had just been sliced in half and the 'pulp' not separated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Solent Richard said:

 

 

 

Funnily enough, a few years ago on Seabourn a half grapefruit appeared that had just been sliced in half and the 'pulp' not separated.

 

Regardless of the ship on which I have sailed, I have never had the pulp not separated.  More of than not, the separations are large enough that I need to use fork and knife to do a bit more "dissecting".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

 

Regardless of the ship on which I have sailed, I have never had the pulp not separated.  More of than not, the separations are large enough that I need to use fork and knife to do a bit more "dissecting".

Well done you.

 

Though that was the one reason that I remembered Seabourn can fall short.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
3 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I don't see either of the items I liked best at the non-Yacht Club breakfast: walnut sticky buns (cinnamon rolls), and breakfast pizzas.

 

I think the sticky buns were available.  I recall seeing them on the display as one entered the YC Restaurant for breakfast.  Breakfast pizzas?  No.  Not in the Dining Room nor at the Pool Grille that I recall.

 

2 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Nor congee.  The toppings were very nice.

 

I don't recall that either on MSC.  I had congee when I was in China.  In my opinion, it's one of those foods that one has to acquire a "taste for".  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...
On 6/1/2021 at 11:34 AM, Beamafar said:

Steak is not on the breakfast menu.  However, if you speak to the YC asst m’D he may be able to arrange it for you. 

 

Agree!  The staff does their best to accommodate guests' requests.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, elbarney said:

 

I enjoyed reading the menu again.  Thanks for posting it.  Seeing that Stewed Applies remain available reminds me of the morning when I ordered that along with juice and a regular full breakfast.  My Steward brought me a full bowl of the fruit!  Much more than I expected.  I saved it for a breakfast "dessert"; a first for me.  Delicious, but I needed to "waddle" out of the Dining Room that morning!  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hi all!

I searched for 15 minutes the current YC Bar List (+ Wine selection at the YC Restaurant), but I cannot find it. Does anyone have an idea? I plan to cruise in Mediterranean sea on the MSC Seaside. 

 

And thanks a lot @elbarneyfor sharing the YC Lunch/Dinner lists. Great job!!

 

Bests

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, LeCommandant said:

Hi all!

I searched for 15 minutes the current YC Bar List (+ Wine selection at the YC Restaurant), but I cannot find it. Does anyone have an idea? I plan to cruise in Mediterranean sea on the MSC Seaside. 

 

And thanks a lot @elbarneyfor sharing the YC Lunch/Dinner lists. Great job!!

 

Bests

Grandiosa July, Seashore is the same, I imagine Seaside will be.

 

QR_V_YC-BAR-LIST_OTHER_DAYX_EN_1624735625.pdf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...