Couple of embarkation day questions

LibrarianBecky

Hi there,

I have a couple of embarkation day questions that I'm hoping someone more familiar with Celebrity could answer for me:

1.  My boarding documents list 2:00 pm as the time to be at the ship.  I would prefer to go earlier, since we will be checking out of our hotel by 11:00.  Is it a problem to go earlier than the assigned check in time?

2.  What time are cabins usually ready on Celebrity?  I would prefer to take my luggage (one suitcase and one carry-on) with me if the cabins will open up by 1:00 or so. 

If it matters, I am sailing in an inside cabin on Summit.

Thank you for your help!  I'm familiar with cruising, but only sailed once before (ten years ago!) on Celebrity.

Becky

You can go earlier than 2 and if boarding hasn’t started you can wait in the terminal until you are called for boarding.  The cabin are usually available about 1-1:15.  On the Summit you can board and drop your luggage off and then leave the cabin so the attendants can finish. 

Yes you can definitely board earlier. That is only a suggested time, we usually get on about 11:00 AM as it is day 1 of the cruise and I don’t want to waste it 🙂 also you can drop off your carry on in your cabin as soon as you board then they will announce cabins open just after 1:00 usually, have fun 😎

9 minutes ago, cnkgirl said:

Yes you can definitely board earlier. That is only a suggested time, we usually get on about 11:00 AM as it is day 1 of the cruise and I don’t want to waste it 🙂 also you can drop off your carry on in your cabin as soon as you board then they will announce cabins open just after 1:00 usually, have fun 😎

Just off Summit last month, go to the ship after you check out from your hotel.

What the others said about rooms opening at 1:00 is correct however you can go directly to your room and leave your carry-ons.

you will be given luggage tags for your suitcase(s) - you need to put them on your suitcase before you get to the ship.

there will be a bag drop off where you drop off your suitcases - you don't carry your own suitcase on board... they will magically appear outside your cabin about 1:30pm!

the boarding time is just a guide - if you arrive at 11am then it shouldn't be a problem

5 hours ago, LibrarianBecky said:

5 hours ago, LibrarianBecky said:

Hi there,

I have a couple of embarkation day questions that I'm hoping someone more familiar with Celebrity could answer for me:

1.  My boarding documents list 2:00 pm as the time to be at the ship.  I would prefer to go earlier, since we will be checking out of our hotel by 11:00.  Is it a problem to go earlier than the assigned check in time?

No problem to go earlier, except that if you arrive before boarding begins there are likely to be long lines and you will need to stand/sit around waiting in the crowd at the cruise port until they start the boarding process.  Then they will call groups in order of priority.

2.  What time are cabins usually ready on Celebrity?  I would prefer to take my luggage (one suitcase and one carry-on) with me if the cabins will open up by 1:00 or so. 

As previously mentioned, you now can go directly to your cabin to drop off your carry-on bags as soon as you board the ship..

If your suitcase should be too large to fit through the scanner, they will tag it with your cabin number, place it on a cart, and deliver it to your cabin later.

Either way, it is not a problem.

They will usually leave the suitcases they deliver in the hallway right outside your cabin, but occasionally they will bring them inside.

The Summit has a wonderful, friendly staff and crew.

It should be in great condition as it was recently updated.

We think it is the ideal size for a cruise ship, not too large and not too small;  easy to get around and you can dash back to your cabin for something you forgot without feeling like you are hiking for miles.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by varoo

1 hour ago, LibrarianBecky said:

Thank you so much!  Really looking forward to it!  Our last few cruises have been bigger ships, so I"m looking forward to the size of Summit!

I think you will enjoy the summit- a great ship and the size is perfect.   Drop your carry on off in your cabin.  Check other bag- I would suggest if you bring valuables, place in your carry-on.  You can put in your (small) safe before touring the ship and having lunch.   Enjoy your cruise

2 minutes ago, Langley Cruisers said:

Is dropping off carry-ons prior to cabins being available an exclusive thing for Summit? We have been on several X cruises and the fire doors were always closed and we were not permitted entrance before the announcement of cabins being ready.

Thanks.

I believe it is available on Edge (and future builds) and ships that have been Revolutionized. You have to go to your cabin on boarding to get your key card.

17 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I believe it is available on Edge (and future builds) and ships that have been Revolutionized. You have to go to your cabin on boarding to get your key card.

Got it, thanks. We were recently on Ovation of the Seas and same thing - key card in room (or outside in holder) but the fire doors were still closed to guests until 1:00. To charge on your account before then, you showed your Set Sail pass.

• Like 1