Uploding Sony A6000 to PC

jmlh

I would be grateful if anyone could tell me how to upload my Sony A6000 photos to my PC (where specific files have been made). I have been trying today and nothing is going easily.  All information is gratefully accepted. Many thanks.

Jan

This should be fairly straightforward. (I shoot Nikon, not Sony, but the process should be similar. If I am wrong, Sony people on this board will surely correct me.)

There are several ways to do this. The easiest is if your PC has a card slot. If so, simply remove the memory card from your camera and insert it into the card slot. Then, it should be a simple matter of dragging and dropping files. 

If your PC does not have a card slot, the second way of doing this is to purchase an external card reader, plug it into a USB port and drag and drop. 

Finally, third option, your camera should have come with a USC cable to connect your camera to the PC. Do so, and the PC will see your camera as an external hard drive. Drag and drop. 

Hope this helps. 

• 4 weeks later...

OK, now that you have figured out how to download (hope it is working well for you), we will be anxiously awaiting posting some of your favorite travel shots on this website!! I am also a relatively new and inexperienced owner of an a6000. I really love this camera as Sony has many on-line training aids and videos to help us.

IMG_0736.jpg

P1000101.jpg

DSC02157.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

IMG_2714.jpg

DSC03743.jpg

DSC03174.jpg

DSC03526.jpg

DSC01145.jpg