A 7 day Pursuit of Happiness! Monte Carlo to Barcelona.. October 12 - October 19 2019

Sleep7

Final stop on the tour and most fun was the Xoroi Caves.  What a glorious spot to show off cool and unusual bars and a night club that were built into cliff side caverns overlooking the sea. A beer or glass of wine was included.🍷🍺

LZmMm8NuSqiKGGZa42I8gA.jpg

PZUoIYVqTqypQk4+HlNMpQ.jpg

H7x3zTy2SSyAG6XdXNF86Q.jpg

HDD1vuIjSuC%gAdGgtLq5A.jpg

When we got back to the ship at around 6pm there was enough time to see a little bit of the town of Mahon.

The Avarca is a traditional sandal originally developed in Menorca in the Balearic Islands.  They were originally made from a leather upper and with the sole made from a recycled car tire.

pRaEnEwyTM2PYmZFOEVY1g.jpg

YusXKH2cQU204GC452gJIQ.jpg

7O%Mm1oNR%C010SQXJGZgg.jpg

npUD9wyZQJWpKN3MtUPlvw.jpg

Since we got back on the ship past 7:00 we decide to try the Grill on deck 9 for dinner.

It was a glorious evening out and the food was delicious.  The steak and fish we ordered was truly "hot off the grill." Lovely service and delicious wines rounded out a great meal.

2pXimXckTMKuuZqj4yDWig.jpg

Today we took a ship's excursion to Drach Caves. Wow wow wow! They were a wow!

What a genuine hidden treasure!

We had about an hour in the caves to walk along the well lit path to the bottom and then were treated to a short classical music concert given by musicians who sailed in on boats on the underground lake.  Then a chance to take a 5 minute ride on one of those boats and then back up and out into the sunshine.

fullsizeoutput_594a.jpeg

Looking at the menu you posted from the Patio, it was the same as the night we dined there, and recalled I saw you and Sam dining.  Then I looked at your menu photo again and saw myself in the background.  I'm glad for the blur.  LOL.

Edited by hiccups

Loving your report and all the wonderful photos. It is like reliving the cruise all over again, with the addition of places that we didn't visit, meals that we missed out on etc., although I'm sure we were doing something equally fantastic at the same time. I've written a review, without all the pics, but I know it can take a few days to be uploaded to the Review section. 

Missing you already, as they say!

Lynne 🤩

Hi Helen!

Oh my.. that's so funny that you remembered being there that night and it was confirmed by the photo.

It's like a movie where in the end the person is proved innocent because they are in a photo nowhere near where the crime took place! lol

Hi Lynne!

Thanks for the compliments.

It really does bring back such nice memories to relive the week thru photos.

I can't wait to read your review too!

• Like 1

We spent the rest of the day in Palma.  What a beautiful city!

Took the shuttle bus there and then for some reason decided to walk all the way back to the ship.. didn't look that far but let me tell you it was. 😮

Not helping was that I was wearing those brand new sandals from Olbia. Ouch.

JTf6nNFKQmG0QRt+RIdmsA.jpg

cp8HDTwiQ9W6uei0evIcKw.jpg

62KgZmh2QzaxG92fm5kXWQ.jpg

VkWkuByxQVyirSvrDkCTDg.jpg

Charming, talented, funny and beautiful Amanda Poulson was a fabulous Cruise Director!

It was at the White Night party that I realized who she reminded me of..

Jennifer Garner in one of my favorite movies "13 Going On 30."

Of course I told her that.

Do you see the resemblance?

EUoTVDcORb6n5Rovx7wHpw.jpg

fullsizeoutput_58e7.jpeg

• Like 1

Another beautiful dry, sunny and warm day.. the weather fairies have been very kind to us this cruise.

We have never been to Valencia before and I have now put it on my list of cities to go back to.

The Pursuit as well as in the other ports that needed one provided a free and very convenient shuttle into town.

Thanks Azamara!

IMG_6738.JPG

BRD8f+KfRZaWyJHWEKOBug.jpg

bg48PKyWRkuhSEyQdpsL7g.jpg

ioR4+9FFQxS+1xvfvKh27Q.jpg