Mariner 3-night cruise formal nights & casual night dress

I apologize for asking questions that probably have been asked and answered many times, but I just can't locate the specific information I need.  Please tell me the answer to any of these questions:

DH and I are booked on a 3-night Bahamas and "Perfect Day" cruise out of Port Canaveral on the Mariner of the Seas.  We'd rather not bother with formal wear, but would like to know whether it would be worth the trouble.

1.  Will there be a formal night?

2.  Would we be allowed in the Main Dining Room on formal night if we are dressed casually (long pants, collared shirt)?

3. Is there a Welcome Aboard Party" or a "Crown and Anchor" Party (for those of us who have not yet qualified for Platinum)  that requires formal dress to attend?

4. Is the food in the Main Dining Room better on formal night than on other nights?

5. On casual nights, is it allowed for women and/or men to wear sandals in the main dining room?

6. Does the buffet offer the same food as the main dining room?

Thank you for your help.

Royal no longer enforces any dining room dress suggestions, so you will see the full range of attire.  You can basically wear whatever you like.

The buffet has one or two items from the MDR,  but mostly different stuff.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, islandwoman said:

DH and I are booked on a 3-night Bahamas and "Perfect Day" cruise out of Port Canaveral on the Mariner of the Seas.  We'd rather not bother with formal wear, but would like to know whether it would be worth the trouble.

1.  Will there be a formal night?

2.  Would we be allowed in the Main Dining Room on formal night if we are dressed casually (long pants, collared shirt)?

3. Is there a Welcome Aboard Party" or a "Crown and Anchor" Party (for those of us who have not yet qualified for Platinum)  that requires formal dress to attend?

4. Is the food in the Main Dining Room better on formal night than on other nights?

5. On casual nights, is it allowed for women and/or men to wear sandals in the main dining room?

6. Does the buffet offer the same food as the main dining room?

1. It's now called "Wear your Best" night.  

2. Yes, that's fine.  That's what my husband wore.

3. No.  I don't think there was even one for Platinum/Emerald.

4. No

5. Yes

6. Sorry, I don't know.

I posted the Cruise Compasses for our 3-day Mariner cruise here: http://susancrow.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html  They tell you the dress code each night.

Mariner is a great ship and Coco Cay is fantastic.  Enjoy!

Edited by CruisinCrow
  • Thanks 1