“most Important Jazz Fest In History” Set For April 28-30 And May 5-7, 2006

zydecocruiser

New Orleans, LA (January 31, 2006)—After months of anticipation, organizers of the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival today officially confirmed the 2006 dates for the Jazz Fest they say will be the most important in the history of the event. The first post-Katrina Jazz Fest will be held on April 28-30 and May 5-7 at its traditional home, the Fair Grounds Race Course.

Jazz Fest Producer/Director Quint Davis said, “We’re dedicating this year’s Festival to the people of New Orleans and inviting everybody who cares about this city to come to Jazz Fest and play a meaningful role in bringing back the city’s culture, which is the soul of America. Jazz Fest 2006 will be a homecoming party for thousands of New Orleans musicians, Festival chefs and craftspeople, and we want the world to join us in welcoming them back as we present the celebration of a lifetime.”

http://www.nojazzfest.com/pr/index.html

Yep. And you can order posters online now. You won't receive them until after the the festival, but you can avoid standing in line to purchase and also lugging them around all day - especially if it starts to rain.

I ordered mine - hasn't hit my credit card yet, but I just ordered last night. Haven't tried this method of purchase before, so I hope everything works out. :)

Archived