Emails from CIBT

Crzn-Life

I know that there is a marketing affiliate notice that you have to agree to the first time you go into the personalizer for a cruise. Usually I just click and move on. Today got my first affiliate emails. Apparently instead of just listing cibt as a resource for visas, Princess is now giving them passenger names and emails. 

Got 3 emails this afternoon for holiday cruises in December, Panama transit and Tahiti cruise in January telling us we need a passport and they can help with that. Since the cruises are past final payment you’d think they would know we have passports. 

Did anyone else get these?  Seems to be a nuisance but there is an unsubscribe option in the email.

Yes I received 3 today from CIBT

[ visaadvisor-HA@cibtvisas.com ]

for upcoming sailings in December, January, and February; I clicked Unsubscribe to all of them.

Edited by RSS from SF
  • Like 1

Companies have many ways to get info.  This morning I googled mattress reviews as we are in the market for a new mattress. Only opened consumer report and couldn't even read the reviews or give them any info because we are not members.  About a hour latter on facebook I started receiving ads from mattress companies.  This evening I received a email from a online mattress company.  Amazing how info spreads.

• Like 1

Yes I received one today.  But beware this visa service is advising me I need visas in countries where I don't require them. For example Thailand.  I've been there several times and never needed a visa before. But things change so I checked again today after reading their email. And no...

US citizens do not need a visa if staying less than 30 days. But this company will get me one anyway for just $69.00.

• Like 1

Just got one for our December cruise but did not get one for our November cruise... ( both Australian cruises to New Zealand ).    and we live in Australia

Looks like they work with a lot of cruise companies.... as stated on a uk newspaper site.....

Not overly impressed, I do not telling the world I am on a cruise.

But you do live in the age..

Cheers Don

Edited by getting older slowly

25 minutes ago, wheezedr said:

Seems to be auto generated for any cruise now scheduled.  I opted out but wonder if you will get them every time you book a cruise with Princess in the future 

I believe the issue is the OP and possibly others didn't read the thing they were agreeing to when they checked the box (see post #1).

I read it and didn't select it as checked and have received no communications about visas for my upcoming cruise.

Received same email in Australia, going cruising in Australia and no visas required.

What disturbed me was it quoted our booking reservation as well as ship and date and was addressed not to us or other adults cruising with us but 2 children.

Apparently HAL cruisers have received same as other Princess cruisers here.

Personally thought it was a scam, especially with the dodgy looking cut and paste style photo and ‘click here’ icon. Who knows where that would take you.

Sent an email to make Princess aware of it and then deleted the email.

Edited by megsie

I have written an email to privacy@princess.com.au as I can't actually see where I've agreed for Princess to pass on my details to a third party Visa Service company. The email I received from CIBT was totally personalized i.e  name / address / booking reference / dates of travel / itinerary.

I can't see how this can be right 😞 

Princess response today :

Thank you for contacting Princess Cruises regarding your concern or query.

We are currently receiving an unprecedented number of e-mails. Due to this, our reply time is currently around 5 working days.

So hopefully I will have an update in 5 working days

UKCruiser, have a look on the HAL forum. They seem to say it is legitimate.

Also the same company are sending out emails about passports as well.

Not at all done very professionally.

Edited by megsie

My husband received an email from this company yesterday with the booking information for a February cruise stating he needed to input his passport information.  We have all our info on the Princess website for both our Dec. cruise and this one in Feb.  I forwarded the email to our travel agent.  The email caused me concern but to be honest I was glad to see others reporting about this issue here.