Address Labels and e-docs

ron46936

Just got my docs via e-mail. I've heard others mention taking along address labels to stick on the lugage tags at the pier. I was wondering how it would work to make up mailing labels on the computer with all the necesssary info. Has anyone tried it? It could even include the cabin number.

Quite a few people have used labels made up on the computer.

All you need to do is put your name and cabin # on them. I believe I used Avery labels 8161(4x1). Good size for putting on the blank tags given at the pier.

If you do a search on luggage tags, you will probably see alot of discussion on this topic.

Our tags from NCL have:

name (small print)

deck no. (large print)

cabin no. (small print)

FWD (very large print)

Have a wonderful cruise:)

Doesn't the FWD refer to the relative location on the ship of the cabin in question? I.e., FWD would mean forward, as opposed to aft or mid-ship. I could be wrong but if this is correct, then not all tags should have FWD on them.

Doesn't the FWD refer to the relative location on the ship of the cabin in question? I.e., FWD would mean forward, as opposed to aft or mid-ship. I could be wrong but if this is correct, then not all tags should have FWD on them.

Yes, John, you are correct.

I should have clarified that.

FWD for forward

AFT for stern

I once posted to type "MID" for center and was corrected:(

"Mid" apparently, is not on the tags?

Thanks for the correction:)

I assume that the porters use the forward and aft indicators to help them quickly sort the bags before they're delivered to the cabins.

In fact it indicates which cargo door they are loaded onto the ship from.

The least important info is FWD/AFT - Many midship will have no idea:confused: If you are certain add it.

Here is what I have put on the label. The same info as the paper tag at the pier will require.

1, SHIP NAME, Embarkation Date

2. CABIN NUMBER (Big and Bold - this one piece of info is what gets it to your cabin)

3. Your Name

Your contact info should be on your regular baggage tags so no need to put on tag.

I also bring address labels (extras) for disembarkation. This time we flew into Houston so we had to put our information on it (name, address, telephone, flight number & company name, and ship arrival's date).

But if you're just disembarking and driving (or taking a taxi home), I place, name, address, telephone number.

Saves the trouble of having to fill-out all the luggage tags when you want to enjoy your last night on board, before getting back into the reality of life.

Archived