PG Dining Recommendations

Hutchinj

We're booked on a 7-day Society Islands cruise next July. I've heard a lot about how important it is to get your dinner reservations for the various restaurants made as soon as you board the Paul Gauguin. But what kind of dining schedule do you experienced PG cruisers recommend?

I think Le Grill would be a given for the night anchored in Bora Bora's lagoon and perhaps La Veranda for the night at Moorea but any other suggestions that come to mind would be appreciated. Sadly, the Marina Dinner option has already been spoken for.

And yeh, I'm probably overthinking this as I'm sure any dining option will be great. 😉

2 hours ago, Hutchinj said:

We're booked on a 7-day Society Islands cruise next July. I've heard a lot about how important it is to get your dinner reservations for the various restaurants made as soon as you board the Paul Gauguin. But what kind of dining schedule do you experienced PG cruisers recommend?

I think Le Grill would be a given for the night anchored in Bora Bora's lagoon and perhaps La Veranda for the night at Moorea but any other suggestions that come to mind would be appreciated. Sadly, the Marina Dinner option has already been spoken for.

And yeh, I'm probably overthinking this as I'm sure any dining option will be great. 😉

Specialty restaurants are best booked from 7:00 pm on. Yes Le Grille is best the evening in Bora Bora. 

The marina dinner is usually reserved a year in advance or more.   reserve le grille for bora bora  but sometimes it’s breezy outside while there...we enjoyed the main dining room and the dinner choices more than we thought ...don’t overthink since everything works out while onboard the PG and even a nice dinner on your balcony is a treat !  Just order additional glasses of wine since they won’t leave the bottle 

Edited by Larro9
Add words

Great advice, Larro. We may very well opt for a dinner one night on our balcony. Comment noted about the wine, too. 🙂

Is it true that on a 7-day cruise you may only reserve the specialty restaurants for one night each? No big deal if so. I just want to be prepared. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Hutchinj said:

Great advice, Larro. We may very well opt for a dinner one night on our balcony. Comment noted about the wine, too. 🙂

Is it true that on a 7-day cruise you may only reserve the specialty restaurants for one night each? No big deal if so. I just want to be prepared. Thanks!

On the 7 night you can book one night in each specialty restaurant though on the 4th day you can ask again, no guarantees but ask. The point is they want to make sure everyone has a chance to eat at the specialty restaurants 😉