MSC status match employees are LAZY- EPIC FAIL

Fogfog

We submitted out status match more than 3 weeks ago.

No response via the website app--- nor the email with screen shots.

So asked our TA..

The MSC office doesn't like the screen shot of our status..claiming it "should" have a last name.

NO we have sailed often and that cruiseline addresses us in their website by our first names only acorss the banner which shows our name/status AND our DOB match, emails etc etc...

PLUS we provided our reservation numbers for our B2B

We CANNOT make the cruiseline change their website.

So WHY would we spend 8k to sail MSC when THEY cannot 1-respond to a website match 2- respond to an email with a (incident #) ASAP as they claim 3- call to confirm our status with more expensive/higher level cruiseline....

MSC did NOTHING. Failed to respond... VERY CLOSE TO CANCELLING our B2B.

6 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

You seriously expect any company to give you a discount using only your first name for identification?

Yeah have to agree. Just fill it out like it’s supposed to be and give them your last name.

I have been waiting for almost a month to status match one of the four cabins I booked for another family member. The other 2 cabins and my status match last year went great, but I am not going to rant and rave about the one I am still waiting on and I spent more than your 8k. 

if it was me and so bent out of shape about it I would cancel.  Having that bad taste in your mouth will carry over to your cruise with MSC and ruin your vacation. 

• Like 1

I'm confused... MSC doesn't have to offer the status match to anyone to incentivize them to book. It's a perk they've added to help those deeply loyal to other lines to try them out. If you booked just for the perks being a (now) Diamond status match gives you, then would you really be sampling the true MSC?

FWIW... I sent my status match information in last year and used both my first name, last name and the number of Latitude points. I'm surprised whatever cruise line you are referring to doesn't have your full name somewhere with them.

And how much you spend has nothing to do with what priority you get in the process of things. Most companies deal with things on a first come, first serve basis when outside of the YC on their ships.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

I wonder which cruiseline only refers to their passengers by first name.  I’ve had my first and last name on my account/sea pass cards on: Carnival, Celebrity,  Costa, HAL, MSC, NCL and Royal.

Same on Princess.

OP -  if you provide the cruise line’s name maybe someone who has successfully received a status match citing cruises on that line can provide a description of what verifying information they submitted to MSC.

Took us a while to get status match , match is not a huge perk since we already had ten percent discount since I am a veteran. Also glad I did mine last year since I got black for my rccl Diamond plus, wife did hers this year and only got gold , not a huge difference. 

OP's signature shows a lot of Celebrity cruises.  When I log in to my Celebrity account, sure enough it shows only my first name [plus Captain's Club #, Tier, and Points].  But if I click on the Account Info page, it shows my complete name and address plus the Captain's Club #.  With those two screen shots, MSC would have all the info they need.  My records show that when I applied for the MSC status match, I send them a 2-page pdf that seems to have been put together [by me] with these two screens.  They had no problem with that.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Seadweller001 said:

All I had to do for ID was send in my last ROOM KEY card from X with the full name and loyalty status.  It took circa two weeks for both of us to receive our Black Cards.  Seamless operation for us.

As I said above I did exactly that

Fog Fog I see no reason for your rudeness toward staff at MSC

Edited by emmas gran

On 10/22/2019 at 5:36 PM, Fogfog said:

We submitted out status match more than 3 weeks ago.

No response via the website app--- nor the email with screen shots.

So asked our TA..

The MSC office doesn't like the screen shot of our status..claiming it "should" have a last name.

NO we have sailed often and that cruiseline addresses us in their website by our first names only acorss the banner which shows our name/status AND our DOB match, emails etc etc...

PLUS we provided our reservation numbers for our B2B

We CANNOT make the cruiseline change their website.

So WHY would we spend 8k to sail MSC when THEY cannot 1-respond to a website match 2- respond to an email with a (incident #) ASAP as they claim 3- call to confirm our status with more expensive/higher level cruiseline....

MSC did NOTHING. Failed to respond... VERY CLOSE TO CANCELLING our B2B.

Cancell and donot be disappointed.  Something like this is going to get you all irate, don't cruise  with MSC and make it a less than stellar experience. Cancell while you can get your money refunded.

On 10/22/2019 at 8:26 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

OP's signature shows a lot of Celebrity cruises.  When I log in to my Celebrity account, sure enough it shows only my first name [plus Captain's Club #, Tier, and Points].  But if I click on the Account Info page, it shows my complete name and address plus the Captain's Club #.  With those two screen shots, MSC would have all the info they need.  My records show that when I applied for the MSC status match, I send them a 2-page pdf that seems to have been put together [by me] with these two screens.  They had no problem with that.

This is what I had to do. With that said it’s been seven weeks, three emails and one phone call and still waiting. I think the OP could have worded the title better but they were crucified on a social media page by the cheerleaders. The shoreside customer service for MSC is not good. 

• Like 2

OP:

I hope that you get things solved. When I submitted my status match request, they processed it quickly, but I do know that there are many out there with similarly frustrating stories as yours. 

Do not give up on MSC. Status match was what lured us into giving them a try, and we are now booked on our 3rd MSC Cruise.

• Like 1

This is interesting.  We got the Black Card Status on MSC.  Between the Back Card and YC benefits with free YC internet in May 2020, I have the equivalent of a Celebrity Zenith Member with the exception of free laundry but with the addition of a free Specialty Dinner.  It would take an average of 10 years to achieve the Zenith Level.

i am delighted with the MSC Match plus the YC benefits.   Our first cruise is in January.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Seadweller001 said:

This is interesting.  We got the Black Card Status on MSC.  Between the Back Card and YC benefits with free YC internet in May 2020, I have the equivalent of a Celebrity Zenith Member with the exception of free laundry but with the addition of a free Specialty Dinner.  It would take an average of 10 years to achieve the Zenith Level.

i am delighted with the MSC Match plus the YC benefits.   Our first cruise is in January.

Agree everything seems like a bargain, I am also now black card and sail at end of next month on seaside YC for first time. We do love celebrity suite perks and looking forward to trying YC . Other lines have free internet for suites including the more expensive upper end celebrity suites. 

7 hours ago, Seadweller001 said:

It would take an average of 10 years to achieve the Zenith Level.

One little caveat about MSC’s loyalty match program is that you need to sail on them at least every 36 months to maintain the level. Otherwise you loose it. 

We took advantage of this program in 2016, thinking that sailing on MSC would be a one time thing, but we sailed on them again in 2018 and now we have another one scheduled for 2020. 

If we enjoy our Upcoming January 7 day Caribbean Cruise in the YC with the personal butler service and all the amenities we just may abandon Celebrity and become MSC loyalists  

we calculated a commensurate Celebrity 7 night Caribbean sailing on the Equinox in a Sky Suite and are saving over $3,400.   Celebrity has gone way over the top with their prices.  The Butler service is impersonal because they have way to many rooms per Butler.  The personal attention is minimalized.  Also, there is no such thing as a comped Specialty Dinner on Celebrity.  Even the top cruiser gets nothing individualized but some flowers and a bottle of cheap wine.

if the MSC experience is close to the YC Reviews we have read, we will be delighted and book several more cruises.  From the many pictures and Youtube videos, the ships are huge, exciting and have many different venues.  Celebrity has very few places to relax, Al Bachio is one but there are hardly any tables during peak hours.  

Bravo to MSC for this great innovative YC experience.  We will do a thorough review/comparison after our cruise.

Edited by Seadweller001

5 minutes ago, Seadweller001 said:

If the MSC experience is close to the YC Reviews we have read, we will be delighted and book several more cruises.

We haven’t done the YC yet, but we did sail in one of the Aurea Duplex Suites (the 2 deck, loft style suite with a forward facing terrace and a private jacuzzi). Even though this suite didn’t enjoy the exclusivity of the YC suites and it had a shorter list of perks, it was still a fantastic option.

The best thing about it was the price. I compared prices, and this type of accommodation would’ve cost 4 times as much on other cruise lines (Royal’s Crown Loft Suite would’ve been the most comparable). We sailed the Mediterranean in this suite on MSC for less than what we paid to sail the Caribbean in a standard balcony stateroom aboard another cruise line the year prior. 

MSC definitely has a great product at very competitive prices. They are definitely worth a try. 

Problem solved

MSC NEVER responded to the website app nor the emails  (despite a case number and "we will respond ASAP" boilerplate)

Sent again all the information and waited another 72 hrs as the person who spoke with the TA suggested to give it 48

TA was able to reach someone yesterday and got our numbers. Were matched Diamond. So glad thats done

TA did say that the "match" program seems to be in a "back room and they (TAs) have no way to reach anyone there at MSC about it.

TA said MSC has historically had TERRIBLE followthrough . In fact our TA is going on a 5 day sail thats meant for travel pros and has said the follow through from MSC to the TAs has been poor. She kept trying to pay them...and getting call back/follow through was bad. She had questions issues about their app and website (how do you know if you are actually "booked" on an excursion etc)

Edited by Fogfog

9 hours ago, Tapi said:

OP:

I hope that you get things solved. When I submitted my status match request, they processed it quickly, but I do know that there are many out there with similarly frustrating stories as yours. 

Do not give up on MSC. Status match was what lured us into giving them a try, and we are now booked on our 3rd MSC Cruise.

TY. Took far longer than it should. It is done. Diamond. we have B2B in YC so we will see if we like the MSC YC product on these sailings before we book the world voyage we are looking at...

Shocked that people find poor CS ok when someone complains BUT am certain they complain when they have issues with companies, providers,purveyors.

As an employer--when you know what it means to make payroll-- people who fail to do their job lose their job.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Problem solved

MSC NEVER responded to the website app nor the emails  (despite a case number and "we will respond ASAP" boilerplate)

Sent again all the information and waited another 72 hrs as the person who spoke with the TA suggested to give it 48

TA was able to reach someone yesterday and got our numbers. Were matched Diamond. So glad thats done

TA did say that the "match" program seems to be in a "back room and they (TAs) have no way to reach anyone there at MSC about it.

TA said MSC has historically had TERRIBLE followthrough . In fact our TA is going on a 5 day sail thats meant for travel pros and has said the follow through from MSC to the TAs has been poor. She kept trying to pay them...and getting call back/follow through was bad. She had questions issues about their app and website (how do you know if you are actually "booked" on an excursion etc)

I think this program of Matching and the YC is getting out.  Non MSC Cruisers are probably inundating the workers assigned to vette the Match Requests causing the delays.  Six months ago this process was without fanfare.   I guaranty there will be many loyalists of competing companies coming over to MSC YC.

@Seadweller001

Yes

Well for MSC it is a brilliant marketing strategy. They are trying to skim off loyal cruisers from competing lines.

Follow through is problematic. 

From review and posts here and FB there can be issues pre cruise, onboard etc

For them to attract and keep cruisers from going back to CCL, RCCL, NCL etc...they have to deliver on customer service both pre cruise-cruise and post cruise. Not just price. There are plenty of cheap fares on the competitors

The TA's experience is revealing--

It is not "just " me

Happy sailing