Largest table size bed Eurodam?

TwinMommyByGrace

We are taking a family cruise to Alaska on the Eurodam next August. We've made dinner our one mandatory meet up of the day and would all like to be seated at one table. We have late, fixed dining.We have 11 in our group, 2 of which are children, 9 year old twins). Has anyone had a large group, or is familiar with the largest table size available, on the Eurodam?  We are all in Neptune suites but don't know if that makes a difference. 

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

Are you planning to reserve fixed early or late dinning, or will your group go for the "anytime you choose" feature?  The fixed reservations are for the upper level, and the largest table I see is for 8.  Downstairs, where you can reserve a certain table for at least 3 consecutive nights, has tables for 10.  Go to halfacts.com and click on Signature Class Ships.  Scroll down and you'll see Eurodam's dining room lay-out for both decks.  You may have to ask for two tables, such as Tables #101 and #103 downstairs, which would more than accommodate your group.

Hope you find tables which suit your preferences.  Have a lovely cruise.

I would call my PCC or TA first.   They may direct you to ship service number.   Since there are table tops for 10, I would ‘think’ this could be accommodated, especially with fixed dining.  

Edited by Gigi1977

Often easier and better to break it down into smaller tables and make people rotate.  I was at one of those round 10-person tables for the Mariner lunch and could only hear the people on either side of me.  The person across the table would have had to shout because it was rather large (so he was relatively far) + the din of the room made it difficult to hear.

Edited by bEwAbG
  • Like 1

We were on the Eurodam in July, 2019 on a 7 day Alaska cruise with a group of ten.  We had initially asked for AnyTime dining.  By the time we boarded, we had decided to try to dine together.  I had a Neptune Suite, so I asked our concierge to book us a table for ten for all seven nights.  She booked us table 103 which we had for all seven nights.  It was more than comfortable for 10, and you should be able to squeeze an 11th chair.   We also booked our table for 8 PM.  Late dining had a lot more tables available than early dining. 

3 hours ago, WisRiver said:

We were on the Eurodam in July, 2019 on a 7 day Alaska cruise with a group of ten.  We had initially asked for AnyTime dining.  By the time we boarded, we had decided to try to dine together.  I had a Neptune Suite, so I asked our concierge to book us a table for ten for all seven nights.  She booked us table 103 which we had for all seven nights.  It was more than comfortable for 10, and you should be able to squeeze an 11th chair.   We also booked our table for 8 PM.  Late dining had a lot more tables available than early dining. 

Thank you. I will definitely take a look at table 103. It may be an option for us. ☺

I misread the map of the Eurodam dining room.  We were at Table 163, a table for ten.  Since we were a group of six adults and four children (6,12,15,17), we prefer(as we do at home) to sit around a large table.  This way all of the children can be under the grand's eyes.  

Here's another weird idea. 

Since you're in a Neptune Suite, I'd suggest having the mandatory meeting at breakfast in the Pinnacle.  Maybe two tables for six, and mix it around daily.  I think it will be easier to hear in the Pinnacle.

My parents took a group of eight through the Panama Canal for their fiftieth.    We had a blast, and also ate lunch together if we happened to show up in line at the same time.  My father insisted we all do one shore excursion together, but other than that, we were pretty foot loose.

We did ate together in the MDR at dinner.  They pushed four tables for two together near the stern.  Just mentioned the Pinnacle for Breakfast since you're in NS.  My parents had us all in something like Vista Suites, and I felt it was quite a splurge.

Edited by knittinggirl

We're on Eurodam right now, and in fixed upper dining. 

There is a group of what appears to be three tables 'in between' upper and lower that I bet would easily accommodate your group (we're at a two-top on the rail and can see that area).  I'll try and count the seats there.

That spot seems nice for a larger group, set apart so easier to get up/move about if you want without other diners even knowing or caring.

4 hours ago, msmayor said:

We're on Eurodam right now, and in fixed upper dining. 

There is a group of what appears to be three tables 'in between' upper and lower that I bet would easily accommodate your group (we're at a two-top on the rail and can see that area).  I'll try and count the seats there.

That spot seems nice for a larger group, set apart so easier to get up/move about if you want without other diners even knowing or caring.

That would be nice if you could get a chance to count. Thank you so much! I’ll stay tuned 😊

We were on Eurodam in August with 10. There are several tables downstairs that will seat 10 and I would expect that you would be able to squeeze the twins in and make it for 11. This was our first time with the whole family and my wife wanted dinner to be our daily time together. On previous cruises we were seated next to split tables (where the party's adults were at 1 table and the youngsters were at another) - I enjoyed our large table more. My wife had us go around the table each night and say what we enjoyed most that day, what we enjoyed least and then anything else that we wanted to. It was a great way to kill the time between the bread basket showing up and the salads/appetizers. About mid-week, the wine steward was showing the four kids tricks. It was a great cruise!

3 hours ago, grsnovi said:

We were on Eurodam in August with 10. There are several tables downstairs that will seat 10 and I would expect that you would be able to squeeze the twins in and make it for 11. This was our first time with the whole family and my wife wanted dinner to be our daily time together. On previous cruises we were seated next to split tables (where the party's adults were at 1 table and the youngsters were at another) - I enjoyed our large table more. My wife had us go around the table each night and say what we enjoyed most that day, what we enjoyed least and then anything else that we wanted to. It was a great way to kill the time between the bread basket showing up and the salads/appetizers. About mid-week, the wine steward was showing the four kids tricks. It was a great cruise!

Thanks for the input! Sounds like a fun way to catch up with the days activities.