Best tours SPB

DNJ66

Does anybody know this company from St. Petersburg? My friends who recently visited St. Petersburg haf an excellent guide Elena Gumenaya, who works for Best tours. I tried to google. I couldn't find her or even that company.

I've never heard of Best Tours. In checking Saint Petersburg tours on TripAdvisor I can't find any tour company with that name. Like JB, my guess would be Best Guides but I cannot find a guide named Elena Gumenaya listed on their website. Why not email them and inquire?

Yes, best guess is that they toured with Best Guides . . . but also, how recently is recently? Elena Gumenaya may no longer be working with them. Sometimes, for example, guides strike out on their own -- I was chatting with Elena, who now runs Red Sun Tours, on our last trip, and she'd been working for SPB Tours, the company we'd toured with on our previous trip, at the same time we were there before!

If you're having difficulty tracking down Elena Gumenaya, it may be because her name (particularly the "Elena" part) may be a simplification of her actual name in Cyrillic characters? I wish you luck in tracking her down . . . but if you can't, be reassured that the guides in St. P. are generally excellent!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! Just noticed this thread. Elena Gumennaya was one of our guides. I still keep her business card. I don’t think I’m allowed to give her mail here but it’s very easy to find her. Just go to Tripadvisor and find St. Petersburg Forum (Travel forum, Europe Forums, Russia, St. Petersburg). She posts as Elena Best Guides. She is a freelancer  as a great majority of the local guides, but she mostly works for Best Guides.

Jess

• 3 weeks later...

We used SPB tours for a 2 day tour(small group) a couple of years ago.  Our guide was named "Eugina" we think - young woman.  She was wonderful.  We also used SPB for one day tours in other countries and they were also good.  Informative and on time.  I would certainly use SPB again.

For us, we booked our private tours with Anastasia Travel. Our guide Elizabeth was a resident and she made the city come to life with her knowledge and stories about living in Russia. We fell in love with St Petersburg and are in the process of booking our third Baltic cruise. Enjoy your time!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2019 at 6:40 AM, DNJ66 said:

Does anybody know this company from St. Petersburg? My friends who recently visited St. Petersburg haf an excellent guide Elena Gumenaya, who works for Best tours. I tried to google. I couldn't find her or even that company.

We used SPB tours on almost all our Baltic stops. Only one was big bus, Berlin Germany. We were very happy with all our guides.