Profile of Captain Serena Melani

Turn 8A

We cruised with her on the Mariner also, had dinner with her one night and coffee another afternoon.  Besides being a great Captain (which is important) she is also a super nice person.  We'll be sailing with her again on the Splendor which is not too far away.

On 10/23/2019 at 1:02 PM, RJ2002 said:

Thanks for sharing this article.  We love Captain Serena.  She was captain on our first Regent cruise, on the Mariner.  Hopefully we'll sail with her again.

We love Captain Serena too.  Will be on the Splendor in April for a TA crossing.

We're booked on Splendor in 2021.

From what I've read previously, she's very much into preventing illnesses from spreading onboard which is something I respect.

We were on a cruise where the captain made it a point to shake hands with everyone onboard for a "block party" early in the cruise. I thought that was a very bad idea. A few days later, our cruise from Fort Lauderdale had plenty of people with the flu. We had immediately returned to our cabin and washed our hands, and luckily weren't among those who became ill. 

Captain Serena seems to discourage hand shaking to prevent cruisers who have just boarded from spreading anything to the rest of the passengers. I'm in total agreement with that. We're looking forward to meeting her, with no need to shake hands. I think she's a smart and competent Captain.

Edited by SWFLAOK
typo

After spending a full hand-bumping cruise with Captain Serena, I was sitting and chatting with her in the coffee connection the morning of debarkation.  When leaving, I put up my fist.   Instead of offering hers, she gave me a great big bear hug.  I just love this lady.
Terri

• Like 2

In our ten Regent cruises, we have had the pleasure of sailing with Captain Serena three times. On our second and third times, she would sit with us most mornings and chat over coffee.  We have had dinner with her twice and she is very good at making one feel comfortable. She is a shining star and a great representative of the Regent brand. We look forward to sailing with her again. 

Z and TB