Navy Frontier Pier and NCL?

brookie848

About a year ago, there was mention that NCL was going to do improvements to the Navy Frontier Pier in anticipation of the Epic home porting out of San Juan? Does anyone know if that is going to be the case?

We sail at the end of February, but we need to have medical supplies delivered to the ship. 

We will call NCL about this, but we have received wrong information before, so I was just wondering if anyone local had information about this. Our order for the medical supplies needs to be made in a few weeks, so I just want to gather as much matching information as I can before we give them an address.

Thanks!

Edited by brookie848

• 2 weeks later...

Have your spoke with NCL about this already. I called them a couple of months ago for the same reason and the person I spoke with said they do not have a way of doing this for us. If you have arranged this please let me know who you spoke with. We sail on the Dawn in January out of Tampa.

Thank you,'

Bobbie 

Not sure about the work on the Frontier pier but there was news report a few days ago where the government, in conjunction with NCL started work to Prepare the dock for the Epic, including adding extra bollards (where the mooring lines are tied to) to accommodate for the Epic's extra length since that pier was not designed for such large ships.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 1:52 PM, Stinger-pr said:

Not sure about the work on the Frontier pier but there was news report a few days ago where the government, in conjunction with NCL started work to Prepare the dock for the Epic, including adding extra bollards (where the mooring lines are tied to) to accommodate for the Epic's extra length since that pier was not designed for such large ships.

Which dock are they preparing -- Frontier or Pan American? Our eDocs say we are leaving from the Pan American Pier. I hope that is correct -- I don't want the dialysis supplies delivered to the wrong spot!

On 11/13/2019 at 12:22 PM, brookie848 said:

Which dock are they preparing -- Frontier or Pan American? Our eDocs say we are leaving from the Pan American Pier. I hope that is correct -- I don't want the dialysis supplies delivered to the wrong spot!

From the news article and picture I saw, it was on the Pan Am pier.

The Navy Frontier Pier lease to NCL failed, and the facility was sold to the PR Convention Center District.  So it should be the Pan American pier.  Now, be careful and include the name of the ship in your directions as berth assignments can change at the last minute.  Even the Pan Am pier can accommodate two large ships at the same time, and it is not unheard of that stuff gets delivered - and accepted by - the wrong ship.  We've had bags clearly tagged for NCL make it on board the Freedom of the Seas.  

On 11/15/2019 at 8:45 AM, Aviator of the Seas said:

The Navy Frontier Pier lease to NCL failed, and the facility was sold to the PR Convention Center District.  So it should be the Pan American pier.  Now, be careful and include the name of the ship in your directions as berth assignments can change at the last minute.  Even the Pan Am pier can accommodate two large ships at the same time, and it is not unheard of that stuff gets delivered - and accepted by - the wrong ship.  We've had bags clearly tagged for NCL make it on board the Freedom of the Seas.  

Thanks for this advice. We didn't have any issues earlier this year and Baxter/NCL will confirm everything a few days before sailing. 

When we sailed in February, our butler found us before we got on the ship to let us know that our boxes had been delivered, but our vodka hadn't been yet. They were waiting for the ship to be re-stocked. We told her we didn't care about the vodka -- the supplies were the important thing. 😁