Advice on YC Cabin Location Selection Please

bzv143

About ready to book on the Maraviglia--Yacht Club--and am looking at Deck 16 for easy access to the Topsail Lounge. Is this a good choice? And should we grab the first cabins (16001, 160002, 160003) closest to the doors into the Topsail, or the end cabins (160019, 160020) closest to the exit doors?  Or a cabin in the middle?  Appreciate any insight. Thanx!

Edited by bzv143

Each cabin in the YC is a good choice...😉

I would choose 16020 , just my personal preference because it is centrally located and not too far from stairs and exit of YC. Longer walk from 16001 , 16002 , 16003 to the YC Restaurant on deck 18. Meraviglia has no ‘Swarovski’ staircase leading from the Top Sail Lounge up to the Restaurant.

We have 16003 on an upcoming cruise.  We switched to that one from 18005 when it opened up for the reason you mentioned--to be close to Top Sail.  We were just a few doors down from Top Sail on Divina and loved it.  So convenient to be able to pop out of your room to grab a drink or a snack.  Can't comment about the view.  Will know in a few weeks!

• 3 months later...
On 10/26/2019 at 9:37 AM, EMc&DrS said:

We have 16003 on an upcoming cruise.  We switched to that one from 18005 when it opened up for the reason you mentioned--to be close to Top Sail.  We were just a few doors down from Top Sail on Divina and loved it.  So convenient to be able to pop out of your room to grab a drink or a snack.  Can't comment about the view.  Will know in a few weeks!

How did you enjoy your cabin?  We are looking at 16002.  Thank you.

There are several YC rooms with the pole on the balcony.  It does not seem to be a issue but I know when picking the room I had done a lot of searching regarding what rooms had them and what ones did not.  It was difficult but there is a thread in here that was very helpful but at this point I can not remember what one it was.  

1 hour ago, EMc&DrS said:

Loved it—great location just steps away from Top Sail. 

Been wondering...was there a door next to your cabin in the hallway that sneaks you into Topsail? Or did you have to go down the hall, out to the Concierge area, and then into Topsail? 

We ended up booking 16026, the last cabin on starboard side on Deck 16, Topsail Lounge deck.  Absolutely loved it! No pole on the balcony, btw.  Almost always had The perfect docking/tender side lookout. There was also a somewhat private single glass door across the hall from us that led out to the main ship’s elevators so that we didn’t have to go in past the concierge desk. I would book this room in a heartbeat again, except for the fact that it seems to be reserved only for parties of three people. So we booked 18018 for next year...again, end of the hallway on Starboard side, restaurant deck.

My stateroom on Meraviglia was 15016 and was very pleased with its location.  Nothing to obstruct my view from the veranda.  Easy access to/from the other areas of the ship and being able to watch and hear the Sound and Light Show at Ocean Cay from my veranda was really appreciated by me.  That Show was one of several highlights of my first MSC cruise. 

18 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

My stateroom on Meraviglia was 15016 and was very pleased with its location.  Nothing to obstruct my view from the veranda.  Easy access to/from the other areas of the ship and being able to watch and hear the Sound and Light Show at Ocean Cay from my veranda was really appreciated by me.  That Show was one of several highlights of my first MSC cruise. 

I haven't switched yet, but we currently have 15014.  Did you find it cumbersome to always have to go upstairs for a drink or 2 flights for a meal?  I didn't use to mind stairs and I would never take the elevator for 2 flights up, but it does seem more appealing!

5 hours ago, Muushka said:

I haven't switched yet, but we currently have 15014.  Did you find it cumbersome to always have to go upstairs for a drink or 2 flights for a meal?  I didn't use to mind stairs and I would never take the elevator for 2 flights up, but it does seem more appealing!

Cumbersome?  No.  Both the stairway up and the elevator are quite nearby and I did use them.

I enjoyed being on Deck 15 because of the easy access to the rest of the amenities on that deck.  Two pools, two pool bars (in addition to the YC pool/bar on Deck 19), and the Buffet (where I found very tasty pizza--I did not try any of the other foods offered) are on Deck 15.  I was closer to the Sky Lounge; its views and entertainment I enjoyed.  The Atmosphere Pool (the mid-ships open air pool) is where the "fun and games" take place is on that deck and I enjoyed watching the "antics" take place once in awhile.

Never having sailed on Meraviglia, my suite was what was assigned when I made my booking.  I didn't know what to expect as to location.  I was pleased with my suite's location.