Royal Navy Dockyard-St Georges

redwave

Is there a way to get a proper report day of re current swells/wind for the local ferries? Current plan is to take the free NCL ferry to st George's but we would get see sick if semi rough and would rather take the bus in that eventuality.

7 hours ago, redwave said:

Is there a way to get a proper report day of re current swells/wind for the local ferries? Current plan is to take the free NCL ferry to st George's but we would get see sick if semi rough and would rather take the bus in that eventuality.

The Bermuda Weather Service has daily Marine forecasts. When the seas get rough ferry service is canceled but I don’t know if that coincides with your tolerance. 
http://www.weather.bm

1 hour ago, palmtre2 said:

Just booked an NCL cruise to Bermuda for July. What can you tell me about this free ferry - first I am hearing of it.

NCL has  had a free ferry to St. George's for their passengers. Only to St. George's. This is the second year. Not much else to tell.  They will give you the schedule on the ship. 

1 hour ago, palmtre2 said:

Just booked an NCL cruise to Bermuda for July. What can you tell me about this free ferry - first I am hearing of it.

3 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

NCL has  had a free ferry to St. George's for their passengers. Only to St. George's. This is the second year. Not much else to tell.  They will give you the schedule on the ship. 

The number of trips per day will vary based on the NCL cruise ship's port schedule. We were just there on the Escape and if my memory is accurate there were two or three departures from Dockyard on the first day the Escape was in port, three or four on the second day and one on the last day. But don't bank on this being the case next year. It can and does vary.

As an aside...not particularly important...2019 was the third year NCL has provided the free ferry to St. George.

14 hours ago, redwave said:

Worth noting that you can also take a ferry from Dockyard to Hamilton (not free) which will put you in the middle of the island and an easy bus or taxi ride anywhere. This ferry run is pretty much all sheltered in the greater harbor and doesn't involve a run in the open ocean like the trip to St George's. 

For what it's worth most, but not all, of the ferrys are catamarans which tend to be pretty stable. 

1 hour ago, long Island said:

I heard the free ferry ends in November......

This is normal.  The public ferry to St. George stops running on Nov. 3 this year (the exact date varies from year to year and sometimes they'll add ferries on a couple of days if ships are in port). NCL only runs the free ferry when NCL ships are in port, and the last NCL cruise calls of the year are in November.