Never cruised with Disney before

stl2012

Am thinking of surprising my husband's daughter & her family (a total of 6 people-4 kids) as a Christmas present.  Are kids cruise free on Disney as other cruise ships do?

Edited by stl2012

From what i have found and what others have told me, definitely not. And the rates for 3rd and 4th passengers look to be a lot more than on other cruise lines. Granted, this is what I've found from doing mock bookings with DCL and other cruise lines.

8 hours ago, stl2012 said:

Am thinking of surprising my husband's daughter & her family (a total of 6 people-4 kids) as a Christmas present.  Are kids cruise free on Disney as other cruise ships do?

Time was DCL did do Kids Sail Free promos.  No longer.  They now have the Last Minute Restricted Fares.  It's much fairer to those of us who no longer have young children to qualify for the KSF promos.

I was on a KSF cruise once (that was enough), it was a mad house.  Kids running all over the place, making messes in the free ice cream bar, running up and down the aisles in the theater (even though it's announced not to).  And, saw at least 2 servers in the dining rooms dropping trays due to being cut off by out of control kids.  Yes, parents, it's your vacation, also, but you still have to be a parent.

I'm glad they don't do it any longer.

• 1 month later...
On 10/24/2019 at 9:32 AM, stl2012 said:

Nope. You're paying for the kids since that's their target audience.  🙂