Cruise Critic Community
nalatrixie74

Fitbit sync

If I wear my fitbit all week on the cruise and my phone is in airplane mode, at the end of the week will it know all of my steps for the week once it syncs?

Fitbit is using Bluetooth for synchronization. Bluetooth is still active when phone in flight mode.

It has been 5 years since I used a Fitbit, but to have it Synch with my laptop, the laptop had to be online. Provided the Fitbit battery remained good, once it synchronised it captured the stored data.

I kept my phone in airplane mode and was able to synch my Fitbit every day on our Baltic cruise.

When you put your phone in airplane mode, turn on bluetooth and your fitbit will sync.  If bluetooth is not on, your fitbit will run down the battery trying to sync.  EM

On 11/10/2019 at 8:54 PM, Essiesmom said:

When you put your phone in airplane mode, turn on bluetooth and your fitbit will sync.  If bluetooth is not on, your fitbit will run down the battery trying to sync.  EM

Hi Essiemom,

We are Bev & Ed from Brooklyn, NY and will be sailing on the QM2 next June/July 2020 on the 4th of July segment - Independence Day Celebration. We saw your name on the Roll Call the other day.

Interesting your instructions above. The last time we sailed on the QM2 on 17 we happen to have new Samsung S8 the month before. Unfortunately we were not aware how to operate the phone at sea without getting hit with the ROAMING BUG biting.

We were on this same type of cruise NYC - Halifax - Boston - NYC in 17.

I had trouble using my fibit and phone on board and just waiting to dock at a port. But my wife using the phone for work had troubles till they assisted her with some settings.

I think we are going to try your suggestions above when we sail next year and if you are part of the 4th sailing hope to bump into you.