Equinox 2019 Oct 25 (Semi) Live Thoughts and Review

JoeSalvatore

This is our family’s chance to give back to the community. Enjoy sharing our journey with us.

We are a family of four, two teen boys and the DW and I.

I proposed to DW on a 3/4 day Carnival Bahamas cruise and our honeymoon 20 years ago was a 7 day Grand Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruise (while she was only a year old and the largest cruise ship).

So all that said we are planning on enjoying the suite life in a RS for both our 20th anniversary and our youngest son’s 13th birthday!

Excitement made real this morning as I woke up just in time to see Equinox enter Port Everglades

More to follow...  Cheers!

3C35F54A-0350-4D2B-AEAF-903CE07C9103.jpeg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JoeSalvatore said:

This is our family’s chance to give back to the community. Enjoy sharing our journey with us.

We are a family of four, two teen boys and the DW and I.

I proposed to DW on a 3/4 day Carnival Bahamas cruise and our honeymoon 20 years ago was a 7 day Grand Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruise (while she was only a year old and the largest cruise ship).

So all that said we are planning on enjoying the suite life in a RS for both our 20th anniversary and our youngest son’s 13th birthday!

Excitement made real this morning as I woke up just in time to see Equinox enter Port Everglades

More to follow...  Cheers!

3C35F54A-0350-4D2B-AEAF-903CE07C9103.jpeg

So much to celebrate...

Have fun...

On 10/26/2019 at 2:19 PM, chemmo said:

Don’t forget to request your initialled bathrobes, they are are quite nice!

Done and more they also supplied robes for our children 👌😀

Sorry for the spoiler alert for the rest of the review which is forthcoming soon!

1 hour ago, JoeSalvatore said:

Done and more they also supplied robes for our children 👌😀

Sorry for the spoiler alert for the rest of the review which is forthcoming soon!

Looking forward to reading it...it seems a loooong time now since we were on board!

19 minutes ago, mit429 said:

Do you have any pictures of the Royal Suite after the Revolution - I'm quite curious! 

Bedroom has new bedding, bathroom new towels. In the lounge a light coloured sofa and new chair are the only real changes. The balcony now has two reclining chairs with rounded footstool (no cushions, uncomfortable) and no cushions on the new upright chairs. No lounger and as the added plants weigh a ton hard to move the furnishings around. 

The general layout and design of the RS remains a winner but the balcony furnishings really are dismal. Our butler ‘aquired’ some cushions for us from the retreat deck which made the seats slightly better but they are not of the quality or comfort that you should expect with a RS...We did make our feelings very clear and hope others do too...

I’d like to know what type of coffee was available in the Retreat Lounge...do they have a pod type machine you can use anytime?  My husband I only come alive after lots of espresso!  Past cruises  I’d get myself 2 - 4 double espressos and take 2 -4 to him in our suite.

8 minutes ago, SpartanGirlCruiser said:

I’d like to know what type of coffee was available in the Retreat Lounge...do they have a pod type machine you can use anytime?  My husband I only come alive after lots of espresso!  Past cruises  I’d get myself 2 - 4 double espressos and take 2 -4 to him in our suite.

it is the pod system.  Water, and soft drinks are also available 24/7 in a small refridgerator.  .

I think Cafe al Bacio has better espresso.  Also put in a request with your butler and he will deliver it to your cabin whenever you want.  

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks for the info!  I’ve been debating getting a portable unit we are a bit obsessed at home.  We each have our own machine!  I have not wanted to bother the butler in the past since we keep such unpredictable morning hours.  I might try the pod this trip and if we really need the extra boost I will splurge for the 12 night in 2021! 

Thanks again for your input this forum answers so many questions.

We would wake up and call the butler.  They have on board cell phones. 

He told us at the beginning to leave the room service sigh on the door the night before with the request and time.  We said we didn’t want to do that as we don’t know when we will be up.   He said to give him a call when ready.  We did that  and it was nice  to have the fresh americanos in our cabin 

You need to buy one of these.  We have the Jura Giga 5.  It is one of the best things we own as far as usefulness and enjoyment.  My wife and I would gladly give up a cruise if if meant that I needed to buy a new one.  It paid for itself many times.  We use to frequent Starbucks but now only stop when traveling.  We haven’t found anywhere that makes espresso based drinks as good as what we get at home.  The beans and roast also makes a difference.  We also buy most of our coffee from them.  Great service and products.  

https://www.wholelattelove.com/collections/super-automatic-espresso-machines

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On 11/8/2019 at 11:48 AM, chemmo said:

Bedroom has new bedding, bathroom new towels. In the lounge a light coloured sofa and new chair are the only real changes. The balcony now has two reclining chairs with rounded footstool (no cushions, uncomfortable) and no cushions on the new upright chairs. No lounger and as the added plants weigh a ton hard to move the furnishings around. 

The general layout and design of the RS remains a winner but the balcony furnishings really are dismal. Our butler ‘aquired’ some cushions for us from the retreat deck which made the seats slightly better but they are not of the quality or comfort that you should expect with a RS...We did make our feelings very clear and hope others do too...

Thanks!

Any pictures of it?