Buenos Aires Transportation

winnipegmanitoba

We are doing two cruises with one night in between in Buenos Aires.  I have read a lot of reports of people being scammed by the taxi drivers at the port.  Just wondering what other people have done for transportation from the Cruise Port in Buenos Aires to Hotel in Puerto Madero.  Looking to possibly book a car service to pick up.  Any recommendations?  We will be taking an Uber to the port the next day but it appears that Uber does not pick up at the Cruise Port.  

Just to clarify..... we can use Uber to get to the port, but not from the port? But taxi's can do both? Our ship is overnighting in BA, so if we want to go out on the town (for dinner) in the evening, what would be the best method?

Thanks for any advice you might offer.

4 hours ago, HALrunner said:

Just to clarify..... we can use Uber to get to the port, but not from the port? But taxi's can do both? Our ship is overnighting in BA, so if we want to go out on the town (for dinner) in the evening, what would be the best method?

Thanks for any advice you might offer.

We booked a tango show  - we did not do the dinner there but most offer dinner.  They picked us up at the cruise terminal and returned us after. They tend to be quite late around 10.00pm for just the tango show or 8.00/8.30 pm  including dinner. 

https://www.bsas4u.com/  

• 1 month later...

To go from our hotel to the airport we plan to use Taxi Ezeiza.  As of today, the cost is 990 pesos and there is an online form to make a reservation for a pickup.  I haven't done a dummy booking since I don't have all the information, but I don't believe there is credit card information involved.  You pay the driver in cash at the time of service as far as I know. 

Getting from the port to the hotel is another story--haven't worked that out yet.  Taxis to the port are very cheap but from the port is another story and I don't know if they accept USD.  If you are just getting off the ship for the day (overnight stop), you can walk out of the port area for a couple of blocks and catch a metered cab.  Or we have walked to Retiro, not far, and caught the subway or a bus (you need a Sube card which you can buy at Retiro), lots of options when not encumbered with luggage.

• 2 months later...
On 12/8/2019 at 4:58 PM, mcmarya said:

you can walk out of the port area

Just want people to be clear that they can't walk off the ship. They can take the shuttle to the terminal and than catch a taxi. IIRC our taxi was maybe $10 or $15 USD.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. 

I just returned from BA. 

I was so worried about transportation in the city - from the cruise port to our hotel, to get from the cruise port to the city for dinner, etc - and it ended up being so easy. 

From the cruise port, the taxi situation was super easy.  Directly outside the door, there is a person that can communicate with the taxi drivers and help negotiate the fares.  If we knew when we would be returning to the cruise port, we would have this man arrange the pick up.  This worked perfect for our overnight at the port.  At dinner time, we walked off the ship, took the shuttle to the terminal, walked outside, asked for a taxi to a specific address, and then asked for a return from that address to the cruise port.  The man spoke to the driver, negotiated the cost, and we jumped in a paid in USD. 

It was so much easier than I expected. 

We also used taxis quite a bit when we got off the ship and stayed in the city.  We would hail a taxi like any US city and they would use the meter.  You pay for metered fares in pesos. 

I was also told that Uber can now be used - even if the taxi drivers tell you differently.