Can anyone recommend a hotel in Buenos Aires near cruise port ?

Ivy86

3 hours ago, HALrunner said:

I've been trying to figure out where the port even is in BA.....google maps is telling me it is "Terminal 4" near Museo Nacional de Bellas Artes. Is that correct?

The cruise port is called  Terminal de Cruceros Quinquela Martín located at the intersection of  Av. Ramón S. Castillo and  Av. de los Inmigrantes.

It is quite an industrial area, the last time we were there there was also a lot of construction going on.  The metered cabs are quite cheap and all of them know where it is.   There are much nicer areas to stay overnight than near the port.  

Edited by Lunenburg

9 hours ago, Lunenburg said:

There are much nicer areas to stay overnight than near the port.  

BA is such a wonderful city.  It's a shame that people avoid any city nearby.  Why?

• 1 month later...

We booked Princess transfers and  hotel.....The Brick. Short trip from the port. Airport transfer also punctual and pleasant driver. Hotel and breakfast very good. Meant to be 5 star...may have been twenty years ago, but now in need of a refurbishment, although clean with helpful staff.

Expensive booking through Princess but something we choose to do for first visit to new city.

For our next visit we have booked a different hotel independently, but cannot yet comment on it.

We depart in 17 days and booked a room at the Tango de Mayo. I took the suggestion of another CC’er on our Roll Call board who had more experience in the area than I do. He stated it was close to the port and the hotel is arranging transportation to the ship for AR$500 which equates to about US$8.35.

Its about 3.5 mi (5.6km) to the port.

Edited by MarKandi

42 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Great pictures.  Thank you.  Who did you use to transfer to the airport?  We will be arriving at EZE, staying one night at the Sheraton and then going back to EZE next morning to fly to Iguazu.

Thank you . We asked the hotel to have a cab meet us at an appointed time and he was waiting when we came down . Enjoy your trip . 😊

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 1:26 PM, TeaBag said:

Great pictures.  Thank you.  Who did you use to transfer to the airport?  We will be arriving at EZE, staying one night at the Sheraton and then going back to EZE next morning to fly to Iguazu.

are you flying to the Argentina or Brazil side of the falls?
Are you sure your flight to Iguazu departs from EZE?
We are flying AEP to IGU (Argentina side).  AEP is actually close to the cruise port.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2019 at 6:28 AM, Heartfelttraveler said:

are you flying to the Argentina or Brazil side of the falls?
Are you sure your flight to Iguazu departs from EZE?
We are flying AEP to IGU (Argentina side).  AEP is actually close to the cruise port.

We are flying to the Argentinian side and not going to Brazil side.  Yes, we are definitely flying out of EZE.  Oddly enough the fare was cheaper out of EZE.  We are staying at the Melia and since it is quite expensive, I booked 2 one way flights instead of a return.  I found that if you booked a return, you only got about 24 hours there.  We fly at 8AM out of EZE and we return about 10PM the next night to AEP since it is closer to the Sheraton and the port where we will board the ship the next day.

On 12/6/2019 at 10:26 AM, TeaBag said:

We were in an airbnb in BA post-cruise for several days. We just walked out with our baggage and within minutes flagged down a taxi. Super easy.

NH Crillion is lovely, 10 minutes from the port and close to restaurants, etc.  Our reservation included full breakfast—best pastries ever (and my husband is a pastry chef) and good coffee.  We used a taxi—they are inexpensive and clean.  We stayed there last week—we’re on the Viking Jupiter right now.