Adults Only on Disney - Enough night time activities?

rinkyd

We are planning a Disney cruise on the Fantasy with our Adult (late 20's) kids & their partners - no children. Have heard good things about the Disney ships, cabins, shows and food quality.  I am just a little worried about having enough to do for them in the later evenings, especially with shows being earlier than other cruise lines.  How late are the clubs/bars open until?  What are some of the adult places/activities you would recommend, especially for night time?

On 10/25/2019 at 12:21 PM, rinkyd said:

We are planning a Disney cruise on the Fantasy with our Adult (late 20's) kids & their partners - no children. Have heard good things about the Disney ships, cabins, shows and food quality.  I am just a little worried about having enough to do for them in the later evenings, especially with shows being earlier than other cruise lines.  How late are the clubs/bars open until?  What are some of the adult places/activities you would recommend, especially for night time?

I'd suggest a google search for "disney cruise navigators"  that will give you a hit for the daily activity sheet.  You can check out past navigators for what sorts of activities are available on cruises and what times they are at.

We like the piano bars (on those ships that have one).  And the sports bar/pub is nice, too.  There's generally a lounge show in one of the lounges every night also.

26 minutes ago, rinkyd said:

Good idea... I'll try a search for the activity sheets.  We all love piano bars, hope the Fantasy has one!  Sounds like there is a few options for later evenings then.  Thanks!

The Fantasy doesn't have an actual, dedicated, piano bar, but there's a small area in La Piazza (the bar/lounge area) that has a piano/player.

2138779210_lapiazzafantasy201421086aP1030390Stitch1500.thumb.jpg.5868d201be7331d79127a6af977274f5.jpgNot very good view here, but it's on the left as you enter La Piazza.

I'm going to throw in my 2 cents...

First, I did a Disney cruise adults only on the Wonder and had a good time. At the time, they had just announced they were departing from Galveston earlier than expected due to being unable to fill ships so the price was right. It also worked well for a family event in Houston. With that said, while yes, Disney has a wonderful product, unless you are hard set on Disney, I would look at other lines. Your wallet will probably thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2019 at 10:28 AM, 1025cruise said:

I'm going to throw in my 2 cents...

First, I did a Disney cruise adults only on the Wonder and had a good time. At the time, they had just announced they were departing from Galveston earlier than expected due to being unable to fill ships so the price was right. It also worked well for a family event in Houston. With that said, while yes, Disney has a wonderful product, unless you are hard set on Disney, I would look at other lines. Your wallet will probably thank you.

I have to agree with this sentiment. Disney charges a huge premium for the product. I would only pay DCL prices if I was a either a die hard Disney fan or traveling with kids. There are so many cruise lines out there that a 20-something group would really enjoy that are a 1/3 of the price.

The ships do have adult areas open at night but we did not find that they were used much past 11pm.  You have to figure that most adults are going to have small children and would have to pay for the late night babysitting or leave their kids alone in the cabin.