If I Book as 3 in one room and 2 in another, can we sleep 4 and 1?

Booking for a family of 5 and a mother in law is a logistical challenge. 

Rooms are only a couple rooms apart and likely will have the same room attendant. If I ask him nicely, and tip him well, will he be ok with making up 4 beds in one room instead of 3 and one less in another? We will be tipping all the same per person of course. Or is this something that is a no-no?

A family of five plus a MIL, or a family of five including a MIL?

But yes, as long as there are enough beds in the room, you can have as many of them made up (or not) as you wish.

If you don't have the same room attendant for both rooms, you can just leave tips in place and give the room attendant extra cash to cover the extra work.  

5 including the MIL. So right now I have booked a room for 3 and a room for 2...Numbers wise it just made more sense than 4 and 1. I know the room for 3 has a 4th pullman bed but wondering if they will be ok pulling it down

12 minutes ago, jlabramo said:

5 including the MIL. So right now I have booked a room for 3 and a room for 2...Numbers wise it just made more sense than 4 and 1. I know the room for 3 has a 4th pullman bed but wondering if they will be ok pulling it down

That will be no problem at all.  

2 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Stick all the kids in the room with the MIL.

Have the other room just for the parents.

That's what I would do....

I don’t know about the OP - but I could never torture my kids like that for an entire week!    

But when doing your booking - you should look at whether there are benefits in points or beverage package bookings by doing 4-1 vs 3-2 in a room...and which 2 are together (if only one adult wanted Bev package - put them with a kid etc) and swap on board.

8 hours ago, Cel_cruise said:

I don’t know about the OP - but I could never torture my kids like that for an entire week!    

But when doing your booking - you should look at whether there are benefits in points or beverage package bookings by doing 4-1 vs 3-2 in a room...and which 2 are together (if only one adult wanted Bev package - put them with a kid etc) and swap on board.

Ha...we looked at all the permutations and 3:2 ultimately was the winner. We were toying with trying our first ever NCL cruise because their single studio pricing is actually far more in line with reason, but ultimately decided to stick with what we know we like

15 hours ago, brillohead said:

A family of five plus a MIL, or a family of five including a MIL?

But yes, as long as there are enough beds in the room, you can have as many of them made up (or not) as you wish.

If you don't have the same room attendant for both rooms, you can just leave tips in place and give the room attendant extra cash to cover the extra work.  

do the math, 3+2 or 4+1.

26 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

do the math, 3+2 or 4+1.

I was just asking for clarification, because the OP said:

15 hours ago, jlabramo said:

Booking for a family of 5 and a mother in law is a logistical challenge. 

This makes it sound like a "family of five" plus "a mother-in-law".... which would be SIX people altogether.

If the OP had said, "a family of five including a mother-in-law" or "a family of four and/plus a mother-in-law" that would have been more obvious that it was five people total, not six.