Meraviglia Live - NewYork(28Oct) to Miami (10Nov)

marcoigna

12 minutes ago, rattanchair said:

If you are in the YC, you have nothing to worry about.

I was on the 10/18-28 sailing.

If you are anywhere on the ship you have nothing to worry about.  We had no problem with service...anywhere.  We also had no problem with toilet paper and tissues.  We saw our steward all the time.  And we were lowly Bella Balcony guests.

The reviews from the 10/8 sailing were awful.  People were soured because of a long embarkation process, bad weather and missed ports.  I was have been worried too if they were posted before I left for the cruise.

BTW...I just booked for 10/20 because we had such a good time.

On 10/26/2019 at 7:57 AM, marcoigna said:

Butler service is another biggy, where  you can obtain a great butler on one sailing and a non-existent butler on another sailing –we are not needy people and just go with the flow…

We are the same. Not needy. But our butler, Vishnu, made the experience memorable on the RS Seaside. I 'fear' it was a 'one off' never to be repeated again. Should you experience a 'great' butler please post his or her name, so fellow YC  guests may request their services.

On 10/27/2019 at 6:37 AM, hypercafe said:

looking at the price point of the YC I believe a better value is gotten on luxury lines such as Crystal or Silver Sea. IMO they also provide a superior level of service and food.

Dear Hyp,  The  suite cabins are smaller and the balcony the same, small, on Crystal. Please check the CC for reviews on Silver Sea. Was interested in both. Checked out cabin sizes and balcony sizes. We are sociable but rarely socialize, so cabin is most important..Can not imagine a butler more attentive and ever present than the one we had on MSC Yacht Club. Will report to you all in real time and compare MSC Yacht to Regent Splendor.

On 10/26/2019 at 5:57 AM, marcoigna said:

The only factors we see are the size of the suite, - obviously –and the complimentary cabana at the One Pool for the duration of the sailings (but not the amenities on a paid cabana every day, sometimes just once or twice during the sailing).  Not to gloat, but I was the guy instrumental for the poolside Cabanas to be complimentary – this started on the 24th of February, 2018.

As we all know, this will be the first ship to arrive at Ocean Cay – being a soft opening, looking forward to it, and we have booked a YC Ocean Front Cabana as well…

Hey Marco,

I remember on that Feb 2018 cruise you got them to include the pool deck cabana.   We totally enjoyed that perk when we were on Seaside and give you all the credit and glory for that one.    

Hey...maybe you could hint that they should include a Ocean Cay cabana for RS.   I can't wait for your report of that stop.  You will be the first.   Sady, they don't have the YC areas done yet.

We booked the RS on Seaside next October and agree that the prices have gone through the roof for that category.   I think we got the very last one at the old pricing before they jacked it 300%.   And we got $800 OBC and prepaid grats.    I'm afraid that will be the last time we can do the RS.

Cheers,

--Russ