Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
zitsky

Dining package

Recommended Posts

Is there anything like $200 for so many dinners at ABC restaurants?  A dining package?  My spouse is curious.  I know about the discount for first day dining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cruisin4ABruisen said:

Dining packages are normally available via the cruise planner. You select a number of nights. I've attached an example from my Cruise Planner.

 

 

It looks like Celebrity picks the restaurants not the passenger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can’t make reservations until you board the ship.  When you put the package in your cart to purchase I believe you select a time & day 1or 2; that’s left over from the old way packages were  handled.  When you board make one of your 1st stops making your dining reservations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, jelayne said:

You can’t make reservations until you board the ship.  When you put the package in your cart to purchase I believe you select a time & day 1or 2; that’s left over from the old way packages were  handled.  When you board make one of your 1st stops making your dining reservations. 

 

Where and how do you make dinner reservations on board?  You can't use the phone app?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having second thoughts about buying a dining package because we already booked the first night and we have access to Blu.

 

I was told by Celebrity that if we buy the Dining Trio package, Two dinners plus lunch, that there would be no guarantee of where we eat or when.  It depends on availability.  Not too attractive to me.  I'd rather go to Blu and a specialty restaurant once or twice.

 

I do notice in the cruise planner that it *does* let you make reservations if there is availability.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since you are in Blu I urge you to wait until you are on board and have dined in Blu a couple of times. You should be able to book a specialty with a discount, as they typically are offering discounts every day outside the Ocean View Cafe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, 39august said:

Since you are in Blu I urge you to wait until you are on board and have dined in Blu a couple of times. You should be able to book a specialty with a discount, as they typically are offering discounts every day outside the Ocean View Cafe. 

 

Good advice, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with 39august and suggest you wait until you decide how well you like Blu, you may not feel the need for additional specialty dining beyond the first night you already booked.

 

In reference to your original question, we booked a 5 night package on our last cruise while in a concierge class cabin on the Equinox.  We may have been required to make a first night reservation when we purchased the package, I don't recall for sure, but right after boarding we went directly to Murano and made reservations for all five nights in 3 different restaurants.  We had notes for which nights we wanted in each location and what time we desired based on shore excursions or port departure time (we wanted to eat in Tuscan  as we sailed out of port for example).  If we did have a first night reservation we just canceled it when we made the other reservations.  We got everything we wanted, all of them for the times we wanted or within a half an hour.  Bottom line, we selected each location, date and time.  Celebrity didn't assign anything to us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, garyl62 said:

I agree with 39august and suggest you wait until you decide how well you like Blu, you may not feel the need for additional specialty dining beyond the first night you already booked.

 

In reference to your original question, we booked a 5 night package on our last cruise while in a concierge class cabin on the Equinox.  We may have been required to make a first night reservation when we purchased the package, I don't recall for sure, but right after boarding we went directly to Murano and made reservations for all five nights in 3 different restaurants.  We had notes for which nights we wanted in each location and what time we desired based on shore excursions or port departure time (we wanted to eat in Tuscan  as we sailed out of port for example).  If we did have a first night reservation we just canceled it when we made the other reservations.  We got everything we wanted, all of them for the times we wanted or within a half an hour.  Bottom line, we selected each location, date and time.  Celebrity didn't assign anything to us. 

 

Ok that's really good to know.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...