Navigator 2nd refurbishment in a year?

PHOENIXfire

1 minute ago, PHOENIXfire said:

Booked on Navigator Sept 26 2020. Does anyone know the details of why this second gap in service when she was just refurbished for June 2019 and now will we in "dry dock" so soon again Aug 2020.

Could be another charter and not a dry dock.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

I seem to remember reading - from someone who was on the Navigator - that there was work left unfinished (or not started) during the last, recent, dry dock and this is why the second one...

That's what we hear also, happy they are doing it.  We're booked early 2021 on the Navigator and looking forward to the cruise.

8 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

I seem to remember reading - from someone who was on the Navigator - that there was work left unfinished (or not started) during the last, recent, dry dock and this is why the second one...

I seem to remember someone mentioning it had to do with the outdoor decking.

I can assure everyone that everything looked "fantastic" when we on board last week.  So, it will only "be better" when you come on board after the additional work.  The only "down side" that we noticed was that there is no longer any brown water being "served" in the showers or basins anywhere on the ship (it was eliminated during the last refit), so if you had grown to "like" that special feature on previous Navigator cruises, you'll have to bring your own in the future.  😉  Regards.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, pingpong1 said:

I can assure everyone that everything looked "fantastic" when we on board last week.  So, it will only "be better" when you come on board after the additional work.  The only "down side" that we noticed was that there is no longer any brown water being "served" in the showers or basins anywhere on the ship (it was eliminated during the last refit), so if you had grown to "like" that special feature on previous Navigator cruises, you'll have to bring your own in the future.  😉  Regards.

I must echo Pingpong's comments. Ship looks fantastic! I guess they know what they're doing, but I never saw any teak decking that looked less than beautiful. Our cabin was impeccable as was the rest of the ship. Spotless and fresh...lovely sense of design.

Here is a copy of a letter we rec'd from Regent, which resulted in our re-booking the following open date. Sounds like a legit refurb. to me.

We and our travelling companions received a notice from Regent CEO informing us that our cruise to Canada on Sep 14-26, 2020 has been cancelled for additional unscheduled dry dock work. They offered to rebook for the reverse itinerary departing Montreal on Sep 26, which we have taken them up on. Same deal applied to our travelling companions who have also re-booked to this subsequent sailing. Looks like from the excerpt of the letter received  below that they really are trying to tidy this ship up. Maybe they replanting to create a "stretch' version?

Seven Seas Navigator has been scheduled for a dry dock at the end of August 2020 to further enhance the guest experience. The schedule adjustment affects the Canada and New England voyage you are confirmed on as the ship will now arrive to Montréal at the conclusion of the Transatlantic crossing 12 days later than originally planned. As a result, your cruise has been canceled. 
While we recently completed several upgrades to the ship in June 2019 including the refurbishment of Navigator Lounge, Stars Lounge, Spa, and Prime 7; our onsite team identified additional opportunities for enhancement next year. At Regent Seven Seas Cruises, we pride ourselves in maintaining the highest standard for our entire fleet and with the anticipated arrival of  Seven Seas Splendor early next year, our efforts are focused on delivering a consistent experience across all of our ships.

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2019 at 3:48 AM, tnt10 said:

We are scheduled on the TA on September 11, 2020.  Should we be concerned??

What are your concerns?

Navigator will have just finished the last phase of her refurb. I understand this is mainly work on the Pool Deck, which could not be done during this year’s dry-dock due to heavy rain.

Weather & sea conditions during the September crossing will be unpredictable as with all TAs.

Overall it should be an enjoyable cruise on an excellent ship ............... and the prices make it very good value 😁

We will be on this cruise, our first as platinum, with well over half our days on the Navigator, now our second favorite to the Explorer.  The last two crossings we have done in the fall were rerouted south but don't think that will work going to Montreal.  As Flossie said it's a very good price.

All:

Thanks for the update.  We will board at NYC on October 8th.  Doing a BTB, returning to NYC on the 30th.  Another opportunity for Fall Colors in New England and Canada; and chance to see one of our sons and two of our grandchildren residing in Brooklyn.  This will be third time on Navigator for these particular segments.  Also been with her over the past 10-years for several Panama Canal crossings; and a memorable 2017 Amazon River adventure.

One just-adjusts to the "unique" aspects of this ship.  Also--what could be better than to have Ray Solaire as Cruise Director.  He is a treasure.  Ray will be aboard during both of our segments; then leave for a break on October 30th.  

GOARMY!

• 1 month later...

We’re on Navigator in early June ("Icelandic Crossing") and again at the end of October (Eastern Caribbean), so we'll experience the "before & after", so to speak.  These will be our first Navigator sailings, though by then, we'll have around eight Regent cruises under our belts.  LOVE REGENT!

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2020 at 11:35 PM, FrequentFloater333 said:

We’re on Navigator in early June ("Icelandic Crossing") and again at the end of October (Eastern Caribbean), so we'll experience the "before & after", so to speak.  These will be our first Navigator sailings, though by then, we'll have around eight Regent cruises under our belts.  LOVE REGENT!

Funny how that works, isn't it?  We did our 'once-in-a-lifetime' cruise on Navigator back in 2009...and had our second one booked by day 3.  We've knocked back something like 11 now with three more booked.  Worse than crack, I think...

• Haha 1