Cruising with costa

Costacruiser98

Our favourite was the Tropicale long gone now, been on every one so far, Magica is Favourite been on five times, she is the right size for us, the Club dining is on deck four and set tables in the evening, makes you seem part of the cruise rather than isolated on deck eleven.

The Europa was a lovely small ship been on her since TUI brought her, did not like their changes much.

Edited by tenpin
spelling

Wow! So far I’ve only been on Mediterranea, favolosa and neoriviera. Last one was a bit small but still fantastic. The good thing was that there were more crew compared to guests so we got more attention. But still overall I prefer the larger ships. I’ve only been in the Med and Northern Europe tho 😅😅 

MY favourities are:

Mediterranea - Just about the right size for a 3 week cruise, sadly leave for new pastures soon.

Europa - Elegant liner of days goneby, the first time I saw her in Savona from the Allegra ahe seemed enormous.

Allegra - Cosy small ship, you knew everyone by the first evening.

Favalosza - Best of the rest

Costa was fun while it lasted, but now there is anew generation of cruisers.

5 minutes ago, wver0001 said:

Anyone knows if there are a lot of differences between MSC and Costa. We’d like to try MSC too for once

Basically the same - Italian (chaos) cruise lines. When one of the them has a new feature or function the other one wil follwo suit.

Costa has become much more conservative in it's cruises, whereas in the past it was much more adventureous in opening new markets - alas no more. It has become a cruise bus line, there will be another along in five minutes. Costa has become the poor relation of Carnival Corp, it's getting new ships (all out of the same mould) and the smaller beloved ships are being sold off. Why? Costa has to try and maintain it's customer base by limiting the number of cabins available.

MSC is on one of the biggest expansion programs in the cruise industry, aggressive market and lots of ships in US and Caribbean, you just have to compare CC MSC and Costa forums, like day and night - MSC is much more active. MSC are more marketing orientated, one of their most successful items is their ship within a ship i.e. "Yacht Club".

• Like 1

Been on MSC Seaview in June and booked Grandiosa for January.

I thought the cabins on Seaview(balcony) were smaller with less storage than any Costa ship we have been on. The shower had a door , not a curtain. The decor was way less bling than any of the Costa ships we have been on.

Bar service was soooo slow on MSC and servers often surly. Extremely rare on Costa. 

Booze package(Piu Gusto compared to Premium). MSC more expensive but a lot more variety and better wines though I am quite happy with the ones on Costa.

MDR food-much of a muchness I think. The breakfast on MSC was a lot more varied in the buffet but the Costa pastries are way nicer-love those cinnamon buns under the heater thing and those fruit and custard tarts.MSC had much nicer fruit for breakfast.

Med cruises do very similar ports and I know GMT(Ron) says like buses. Does not bother me one little bit. Been so many times and always find something we've not done or love to do again. MSC has more variety abroad. They sail out of NY towards Canada. Unfortunately the cruises to Cuba are no more-so sad about that. I have been to South America once-no intention of going back. Don't want to do Caribbean-beaches hold no interest to me. Alaska-too cold. Would like to do the Fjords in a warmish month and more Far East ones. Not been to Japan or China. Loved out India and Far East/Singapore cruises with Costa though not the greatest ships( NeoClassica and Victoria).

We still do loads of Costa ones because of our perks and MSC did a status match which is really nice.

Worth a go.

Riana

• Like 1

I have only been in the Med and Northern Europe so far so cant really tell about other destinations (although they sound epic). Yes indeed the ones leaving from where I live always take the same route. What I really like about costa are the themed nights and parties. They don’t do that on every cruise line.