Coba Pyramid and Cenote Swim - do you have to swim?

WrittenOnYourHeart

No, you can sit out the snorkel in the cenote.  We had a few handicaps sit out a couple of caves.  One with mobility issues stayed topside.   But if this is a ship excursion, do see Coba.  It's further than Tulum and often missed by Cozumel cruisers.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

No, you can sit out the snorkel in the cenote.  We had a few handicaps sit out a couple of caves.  One with mobility issues stayed topside.   But if this is a ship excursion, do see Coba.  It's further than Tulum and often missed by Cozumel cruisers.

Thank you! I *can* swim and no mobility issues...just freaked out by the idea of being underground. I went ahead and booked it! I might take my stuff in case I'm feeling brave. 🙂

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thank you! I *can* swim and no mobility issues...just freaked out by the idea of being underground. I went ahead and booked it! I might take my stuff in case I'm feeling brave. 🙂

They give you snorkel, mask, wet suit life/snorkel jacket, fins and head lamp.  Be brave, it's fantastic.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, evenstar1976 said:

Is it a tight space?  I would like to try something like this but get a little claustrophobic 

The ones we were in were actually quite large.  Dark and you stay with your group, but they don't take you into the smaller cenotes.

3 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

The ones we were in were actually quite large.  Dark and you stay with your group, but they don't take you into the smaller cenotes.

Thanks.  Never been before and trying to decide on  shore excursions.  Way too many to choose from but seeing some lower prices for Black Friday.

Do not miss this excursion! This is definitely an excursion to muster all your inner courage.   But, I can't imagine that you wouldn't be thrilled that you did it afterwards. I never thought we would climb to the top of a Mayan Pyramid.  So many of them are being roped off and you cannot even climb one step.  The cenotes are also just incredible. We are not getting any younger, so I knew we just needed to do it.   What an amazing memory!!!