Live from St Maarten

Ms411

Looks like it will be raining off and on, so I'm mostly bar hopping!

I'm at the outdoor bar of Bigwood on the Boardwalk drinking $3 rum and coke. Free WiFi. On Freedom of Seas same drink $10+! Here you can get a bucket of beers 6 for $10! Great deal for beer drinkers!

Slowly making my way to French side between brief showers...

On 10/28/2019 at 12:06 PM, Ms411 said:

Looks like it will be raining off and on, so I'm mostly bar hopping!

I'm at the outdoor bar of Bigwood on the Boardwalk drinking $3 rum and coke. Free WiFi. On Freedom of Seas same drink $10+! Here you can get a bucket of beers 6 for $10! Great deal for beer drinkers!

Slowly making my way to French side between brief showers...

Yummy, sounds like your having a blast. 6 for $10 I'm on the way😁. If your headed to the French side stop in Club Orient and have lunch, great food, great vibe, and more great drinks. 

2 hours ago, Candleonwater said:

Does Club Orient exist anymore?

It might not I used to go there all the time back in the day. I didn't go over to Orient Beach last couple of times on St. Maarten because we did Cat. sails over to Maho. 

They got hit hard over there with the hurricane. Club Orient was nothing but fun. Orient Beach is beautiful. 

Going back to STM fall 2020, going back to Orient I'm Cat Sailed and Maho'd out.

We used to swim out to the platforms and lay out off Orient, it was awesome. 

Later Todd

The rain kept me from going to French side so I kept walking the Boardwalk and lucked up on Irie Garden vegan food kiosk. Had a delicious vegan peanut soup cooked per order so you can see the ingredients going in and the ingredients don't overcook in a constant warming appliance.

The soup and beer came to $7.50. Great bargain! I am hoping to make this soup at home. Wish me luck!😊

On 11/4/2019 at 12:46 AM, Ms411 said:

The rain kept me from going to French side so I kept walking the Boardwalk and lucked up on Irie Garden vegan food kiosk. Had a delicious vegan peanut soup cooked per order so you can see the ingredients going in and the ingredients don't overcook in a constant warming appliance.

The soup and beer came to $7.50. Great bargain! I am hoping to make this soup at home. Wish me luck!😊

Yummy!! Vegan peanut soup never heard of it but it sounds great, and a beer for $7.50, that is a deal! 

Good luck on the soup, let us know how it turned out. Sounds great.

One of my favorite restaurants on St Thomas, VI, French Quarter Bistro, had a broccoli peanut soup as a special, and I've been trying more peanut foods ever since. 

It will be a while before I attempt the soup, but will post result of my attempt. My previous try wasn't good.😞

It takes practice those soups can be difficult to duplicate. 

Peanut broccoli that sounds KILLER, I'm from West Virginia we eat anything!!😆 

Plus I'm very open minded when it comes to food.

There are all kinds of beverages one way or the other that I won't drink. 

Food I'll eat anything and everything, do it all the time it's a problem. Thanks

On 10/31/2019 at 12:07 PM, TTEllis said:

It might not I used to go there all the time back in the day. I didn't go over to Orient Beach last couple of times on St. Maarten because we did Cat. sails over to Maho. 

They got hit hard over there with the hurricane. Club Orient was nothing but fun. Orient Beach is beautiful. 

Going back to STM fall 2020, going back to Orient I'm Cat Sailed and Maho'd out.

We used to swim out to the platforms and lay out off Orient, it was awesome. 

Later Todd

They're trying hard to bring back Orient Beach.  So much work going on there.  I have nothing to compare it to as we never went there before the hurricane.  It is one of our favorite beaches to visit.  Bought my daughter bathing suits from a vendor and can't wait to go back when he gets his shop up and running to buy her more.

31 minutes ago, Candleonwater said:

They're trying hard to bring back Orient Beach.  So much work going on there.  I have nothing to compare it to as we never went there before the hurricane.  It is one of our favorite beaches to visit.  Bought my daughter bathing suits from a vendor and can't wait to go back when he gets his shop up and running to buy her more.

Thank you very much for the update. Orient is one of my favorites as well, Great vendors over there and looking forward to going back. Thanks again Todd

• 2 weeks later...

We went back to Orient Beach in October for the first time since the hurricane.  We were the only ship in port so it was delightfully not crowded.  No problem getting a taxi back early in the afternoon.

The "main" beach clubs...Bikini, La Playa, and I think two more, are up and running, just very spread out now.  We liked the relative peace and quiet (though of course the hair braiders and the "want a massage" people still wander up and down the beach).  If you look out at the water you would never know there had been a storm.  If you have been there pre-Irma and you turn around and look behind you, it is VERY different.