Airfares!!

littysmom

Sure hope you read the disclaimer and policies of your "new travel site".  Personally, I wouldn't trust using a website where they can't even use proper English and punctuation.  Or where they explicitly state that "action you take upon the information you find on this website (www.MyFlightMart.com), is strictly at your own risk."

But what do I know.

YMMV

21 hours ago, FlyerTalker said:

Sure hope you read the disclaimer and policies of your "new travel site".  Personally, I wouldn't trust using a website where they can't even use proper English and punctuation.  Or where they explicitly state that "action you take upon the information you find on this website (www.MyFlightMart.com), is strictly at your own risk."

But what do I know.

YMMV

I'm agreeing. I'm in the travel business and always am looking for new sites to refer clients to, this one does not make me feel confident in their ability to perform. Hopefully, I am wrong on this. 

On 10/28/2019 at 4:16 PM, Keys2Heaven said:

Some sites have fare checkers or daily email notification for a flight you're interested in. And I heard once that the best time to book was Tuesday afternoon, believe it or not.

Do you mean it's the best time to sign in to your computer and book your flight?  Or do you mean to fly out on a Tuesday afternoon?  If the latter....the issue with a cruise as it's very day specific.

Also finding very $$$ flight costs for end of August.  Hope it doesn't modify our plans of spending a few days at Disney post cruise (although flying home after our cruise doesn't change the cost).

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was recently told from good friend who works reservation desk at AA that airfares went up this past summer due to the Boeing max 737 planes being removed.  This caused havoc with their flights.  As long as they remain out of service prices will remain high.

This is not true.

Airlines charge what the market will bear and the MAX aircraft represent 2.5% of AA's mainline fleet and less than 7.5% of AA's 737 fleet. Not only is there enough slack in the system to accommodate this but AA were in the process of retiring some of their older 737-800s anyways, so if there was the "havoc" you suggest then AA would just postpone the retiring of these aircraft.

Edited by fbgd

To say nothing about keeping their MD-80s flying if equipment was such a critical shortage.

Does your good friend also work in yield management?  If not, and if not at the VP level or above, their insights into air pricing are probably a shot in the dark.

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I was recently told from good friend who works reservation desk at AA that airfares went up this past summer due to the Boeing max 737 planes being removed.  This caused havoc with their flights.  As long as they remain out of service prices will remain high.

Without being unkind, your friend is so far removed from the yield making decision  process, that I would totally ignore anything they told me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...