National Parks, Wildlife Refuge & Macaw Sanctuary

pog mo thoin

• 3 years later...

It's too late to help you, I know, but I just did this tour and really liked it.  We were in a small bus that held 20, but only 18 showed up.  We drove south to the Macaw Sanctuary where there was fruit, juice and restrooms for us and we got to see these beautiful birds and hear about all the difficulty in getting them re-established in Costa Rica.  Then we drove to one entrance of Cahuita and immediately saw monkeys, walked a boardwalk where we mostly saw plants and spiders that day.  We drive to a restaurant and had a delicious lunch with generous portions of chicken, rice & beans, salad and fried plantain patties.  Then we headed to the beach for another walk where we saw monkeys, sloths sleeping up high in trees, snakes and a sleeping raccoon.  The beach was lovely and the walk was partly on a trail and partly on the beach.  En route we saw banana plantations and learned a lot about how they are grown and harvested.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I will be on Eurodam stopping at Port Limon on Wednesday April 1, 2023.  This is an excursion offered by the ship at $140 pp, but it's sold out.  I have not been able to find an equivalent tour offered by private operators -- to be fair, I am only aware of Your Lucky Tour and PortLimon.com (by Jorge Ramirez). 

If anybody knows another private operator that offers this tour and had good experience with it, I would appreciate a recommendatioin.