Wow four years ago

I can’t believe that it was four years ago I started a threat called Guts bragging after Miss Gut passed her final university exams, so much has happened, good and bad, for her and Mrs Gut and I since then.

we were in Darwin at the time.

20 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Me GUT you are a very proud father. Good on you! 

Leigh

Words can’t say how proud I am of all she has achieved, now has her own firm, a boyfriend who looks like he will soon be upgraded to fiancé, just got home from Ovation cruise to NZ and about to head to the Neatherlands. Making more money than I ever dreamt of, and Pepe who I respect greatly keep telling me how great she as, not just as a lawyer but as a person, hard not to be proud.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

Words can’t say how proud I am of all she has achieved, now has her own firm, a boyfriend who looks like he will soon be upgraded to fiancé, just got home from Ovation cruise to NZ and about to head to the Neatherlands. Making more money than I ever dreamt of, and Pepe who I respect greatly keep telling me how great she as, not just as a lawyer but as a person, hard not to be proud.

All we can do as parents is tell / show them the path and hope they follow. Well done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Time flies, it is 5 years since we met on that cruise to .........….

Tassie on the Celebrity Century.

Yep that was 15 December, the day of the Lindt Cafe siege. Time sure goes quick. That was our first cruise after a break of almost 8 years.

2 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Yep that was 15 December, the day of the Lindt Cafe siege. Time sure goes quick. That was our first cruise after a break of almost 8 years.

It was mayhem that morning. Planes, Trains, Cars and Ferries all affected with delays

21 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

It was mayhem that morning. Planes, Trains, Cars and Ferries all affected with delays

Was wondering about all the helicopter activity, when we got a call to check we were safe, only once we got to Burnie did I find that I knew one of the victims.

22 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Was wondering about all the helicopter activity, when we got a call to check we were safe, only once we got to Burnie did I find that I knew one of the victims.

We were on the train and got held up in the tunnel between St James and CQ for ten or so minutes. But then CQ was empty and we had no idea where everyone had gone. Some people had already checked in and were not allowed back off (back then you could).

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

All jokes aside mate..I don't think it would be be too hard for Miss Gut to  turn out the way she has when she has you and Mrs Gut as role models .......but I am a bit cranky that she did not come and say hello when she went on the Ovation ..........and is it five years since you and Mic had the great pleasure of meeting me . Time flies

Edited by gbenjo

13 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

All jokes aside mate..I don't think it would be be too hard for Miss Gut to  turn out the way she has when she has you and Mrs Gut as role models .......but I am a bit cranky that she did not come and say hello when she went on the Ovation ..........and is it five years since you and Mic had the great pleasure of meeting me . Time flies

Yep, and the famous Red Carpet treatment. Great memories that will last forever.

5 hours ago, gbenjo said:

I told her too, but she is a bit shy and the person she was travelling with already thought they got special treatment everywhere they go, the concierge at the Grace ruined them, saying to Hobart the other week a friend dragged them into the Qantas executive suite a few other such events. I was going to try and say howdy when I picked her up but traffic was terrible on the way down and she was already off and in George waiting when we arrived, so didn’t even park.

5 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yep, and the famous Red Carpet treatment. Great memories that will last forever.

That’s for sure. When I arrived to embark I asked a woman (now know her to be named Christine after meeting her again) where Gbenjo was she answered “Oh you’re one of the special people” finally recognition of my spethshialness.

It just occurred to me, after the Century Cruise I had to drive her to Canberra to pick up her Grad Cert in Legal Practice.

Studying a law degree isn’t enough if you want to practice you need a grad cert as well, she just did them both at once through different unis.

4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

That’s for sure. When I arrived to embark I asked a woman (now know her to be named Christine after meeting her again) where Gbenjo was she answered “Oh you’re one of the special people” finally recognition of my spethshialness.

We did similar, got sent to the end and out came the carpet square and the champers.

4 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

It just occurred to me, after the Century Cruise I had to drive her to Canberra to pick up her Grad Cert in Legal Practice.

Studying a law degree isn’t enough if you want to practice you need a grad cert as well, she just did them both at once through different unis.

Yes, I had the carpet ready but apparently you hadn't brought your cruise attire.

On 10/29/2019 at 1:01 AM, GUT2407 said:

I can’t believe that it was four years ago I started a threat called Guts bragging after Miss Gut passed her final university exams, so much has happened, good and bad, for her and Mrs Gut and I since then.

we were in Darwin at the time.

I remember that post/thread. I am so happy that she has continued to do well and things are also good for you and Mrs Gut.

Let the good times continue to roll!

ML

1 minute ago, NoWhiners said:

I remember that post/thread. I am so happy that she has continued to do well and things are also good for you and Mrs Gut.

Let the good times continue to roll!

ML

Thank you, she has gone from strength to strength, and while Mrs G and I both have had some health problems life is good, with a few cruises in the pipeline thankfully.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Thank you, she has gone from strength to strength, and while Mrs G and I both have had some health problems life is good, with a few cruises in the pipeline thankfully.

"a few cruise in the pipeline" is like music to my ears. Probably your too. I am so happy that you have found your way thru the health issues and can continue to cruise. A reward for a life well-led????

19 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

"a few cruise in the pipeline" is like music to my ears. Probably your too. I am so happy that you have found your way thru the health issues and can continue to cruise. A reward for a life well-led????

Not sure about life well led. But happy to have a few cruises booked.

Tasmania in Dec, Majestic Princess

NZ in Jan Radiance of the Seas

3 nights to nothing Easter (taking the kids and their partners) Carnival Spirit

Tasmania Dec Serenade of the Seas

Circumnavigation of Aus and NZ Feb Mar 2021 (really only one cruise but b2b)

Now watching for something to Tassie Dec 2021.

7 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Not sure about life well led. But happy to have a few cruises booked.

Tasmania in Dec, Majestic Princess

NZ in Jan Radiance of the Seas

3 nights to nothing Easter (taking the kids and their partners) Carnival Spirit

Tasmania Dec Serenade of the Seas

Circumnavigation of Aus and NZ Feb Mar 2021 (really only one cruise but b2b)

Now watching for something to Tassie Dec 2021.

This all looks great to me, especially since we may have to cancel our  upcoming (on Nov 23 Amazon cruise--a bucket list item for us). Our dog has a problem with his spleen and it will be removed on Monday. his liver has some mottling, which could be Ok or not, so that will be biopsied as well. And I may have a torn rotator cuff, I'll find out tomorrow. My guess is we will have to cancel, but maybe not.

I hope you find a great Tassie Dec 2021!