How does Celebrity Premium drink package work in main dining room / theatre?

Nitropodder

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. Or even ship to ship. Like a lot of things with cruising not everyone's experiences are the same. Sometimes we've experienced difference on somethings on the first leg to the second leg of our B2B cruises.

On a recent sailing the 20 year old Tawny port was included in the premium package in Cellar Masters but NOT in Blu. You had to pay the difference in the restaurant! 

Celebrity Cruises. Consistently inconsistent since 1988. 

25 minutes ago, Mynki said:

On a recent sailing the 20 year old Tawny port was included in the premium package in Cellar Masters but NOT in Blu. You had to pay the difference in the restaurant! 

Celebrity Cruises. Consistently inconsistent since 1988. 

That is the common denominator. 

12 hours ago, davekathy said:

It's not the folio number it's the BP CALL or  PALL printed on your Seapass card the sommelier is looking for. Our experiences are the sommelier will ask our Seapass cards the first evening when we order. All evenings after that we just leave our Seapass cards on the table and the sommelier takes them when we are finished ordering for the evening. 

Yes because every drink you order is registered against your folio number. They keep a list and if you're at the same table every night they sometimes don't bother with card at all as they have it written down.

8 hours ago, chemmo said:

You would need to collect it yourself. If you order through room service you will be charged.

Butlers sometimes will go and get your wine for you but generally it is not a service they offer. We book RS generally and if we are dining in suite and want wine one or the other of us will usually just pop to the nearest bar...

Alternatively, you will have a bottle of sparkling in your cabin on boarding and you can bring on board two bottles of your own. Why not just enjoy one of those? Your butler will put it on ice for you if necessary.

Hope you enjoy!

Thank you, that’s great to know we have options x

2 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Somewhat related question; I have booked my first Celebrity Cruise after 21 Royal Caribbean itineraries.  Does Celebrity allow one to bring on some wine at embarkation?

Yes. Two 750 ml bottles of wine per stateroom at the embarkation port. Same as RC. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2019 at 7:05 AM, highway180 said:

yes

While dining in Blu earlier this year, I asked for a glass of wine I had enjoyed in CellarMasters (or maybe it was in the Ensemble lounge).  Was told they didn't stock it in Blu.  I said, no problem, I'll just walk down and get a glass.  It was shortly on hand, as it was every night after.

The sommelier was also able to suggest some limited supply wines that weren't on the list.

Edited by jimmieg