All Haven Menus with Every Food Item

Seany527

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2019 at 4:56 AM, Seany527 said:

Below are some daily lunch specials offered on Sea Days.  These may fluctuate depending on your sailing.

Meatball Sub *

1806050737_IMG_37282.thumb.jpg.72ba3e639f6417844406f6a352ed6d4a.jpg

Tacos **

841549354_IMG_21132.thumb.jpg.3c3480a4e83c4234692f164883eac4c5.jpg

Fish and Crab Cakes

1344204778_IMG_40582.thumb.jpg.38739539abfc1876e16250879f5cabae.jpg

Fish and Shrimp Roll *

1041378032_IMG_31692.thumb.jpg.c46b5446a9441f38e281d2bc28679a19.jpg

Beef Brisket *

295784335_IMG_26412.thumb.jpg.89f9e06867a06f6ac33e30530d84430d.jpg

Pulled Pork Sub *

1965102058_IMG_46352.thumb.jpg.eee2bb729afa921c63d02dac42b5d560.jpg

Please know that on the Getaway, the December 13th sailing, they stopped the specials.  I asked for them and was told that corporate made the decision.  Big disappointment!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Momma Rene said:

Please know that on the Getaway, the December 13th sailing, they stopped the specials.  I asked for them and was told that corporate made the decision.  Big disappointment!!!!

Same here.  No specials in the Haven on the Joy Dec 8-15

3 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

Yes!

But you can indeed order off the Haven breakfast menu for room service!  I had the Seafood Benedict like 3 times.  Yum.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, nyc2pdx said:

Same here.  No specials in the Haven on the Joy Dec 8-15

But you can indeed order off the Haven breakfast menu for room service!  I had the Seafood Benedict like 3 times.  Yum.

This might mean cold breakfast cause we’re in an aft suite!

3 hours ago, benzygirl said:

This might mean cold breakfast cause we’re in an aft suite!

I was in a forward suite and it was hot, no issues. Believe me, the walk on the joy from the forward elevators to the bow where was suite was, and the aft to the rear elevators was significantly shorter in the aft!  Several times I asked myself...where does this corridor end??!!

I LOVE this post.  Read it.  Shared it with my cruise buddy, we're going to be sailing NCL for the 1st time, and booked a Haven suite.  

And then ...couldn't find it again.  I'm not kidding, it's taken me forever

Thank you for this post!!

• Haha 1

We were on the Breakaway last week and here's a few Haven food and drink finds:

I went to the buffet specifically for a few pretzel rolls that NCL is known for. Everyone loves them because they were completely gone by 1:30. We then headed up to the Haven restaurant for lunch. I ordered a Caeser salad with grilled shrimp. I also asked for one the the pretzel buns that the Haven fish sandwich comes on to eat with my salad. I jokingly said it was the next best thing since the buffet didn't have any pretzel rolls left. Even better, they brought us a whole basket of warm, fresh pretzel sticks with softened butter. I had them everyday after that. 

The shrimp porcini risotto appetizer is amazing. I loved it so much I asked for it as my meal. They also double the shrimp when it is served as an entree. I couldn't finish it all. 

The Lavender Patch is a specialty cocktail that is only served at Shakers Martini bar. I asked the Haven bartender if he had the ingredients on hand to make it and his answer was "Of course" . Lavender infused vodka is supposedly something that only Shakers and the Haven have. 

I found the food to be excellent and inspirational for me as I love to cook. I asked for the recipe for the chocolate mousse and the roasted vegetable goat cheese galette, not really thinking I could or would get them. Our server said absolutely,  he would have the chef's secretary make copies and send to our suite. The very next day both recipes were in our suite. That really exceeded my expectations. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ashleyriley said:

We were on the Breakaway last week and here's a few Haven food and drink finds:

I went to the buffet specifically for a few pretzel rolls that NCL is known for. Everyone loves them because they were completely gone by 1:30. We then headed up to the Haven restaurant for lunch. I ordered a Caeser salad with grilled shrimp. I also asked for one the the pretzel buns that the Haven fish sandwich comes on to eat with my salad. I jokingly said it was the next best thing since the buffet didn't have any pretzel rolls left. Even better, they brought us a whole basket of warm, fresh pretzel sticks with softened butter. I had them everyday after that. 

The shrimp porcini risotto appetizer is amazing. I loved it so much I asked for it as my meal. They also double the shrimp when it is served as an entree. I couldn't finish it all. 

The Lavender Patch is a specialty cocktail that is only served at Shakers Martini bar. I asked the Haven bartender if he had the ingredients on hand to make it and his answer was "Of course" . Lavender infused vodka is supposedly something that only Shakers and the Haven have. 

I found the food to be excellent and inspirational for me as I love to cook. I asked for the recipe for the chocolate mousse and the roasted vegetable goat cheese galette, not really thinking I could or would get them. Our server said absolutely,  he would have the chef's secretary make copies and send to our suite. The very next day both recipes were in our suite. That really exceeded my expectations. 

I was on the Getaway.  We asked for different bread and was told she would have to get permission from the manager.  Also asked for salmon for breakfast.  Was told we had to help ourselves from the buffet in the room.  She could not bring it.  However, she could bring the bagel since it was to be toasted.  We did tip the waitress, however, it seems that the wait staff had rules.  The manager just walked around and did nothing.  Big disappointment.  Seems the Getaway has different rules.

On 10/29/2019 at 5:53 PM, Seany527 said:

I recently completed my first sailing in The Haven.  Prior to my cruise I found information on the Haven menus to be sparse and scattered.  This post will contain each of the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus, every food item, as well as the daily chilled soups and chef's specials.

Great thread & addition to the forum!  The only menu I don't see here is the  Haven Valet menu?

I just did a search to find a photo of it online, but don't see one.  I just got off the Bliss and I would have taken a photo if I'd known.  All I remember is the hot dog because that's what I usually ate!

Thank-you OP for posting the menu and photos if the items served.  It will be helpful to illustrate to our grown children what to expect when they join us in August for a combined reunion/birthday/holiday celebration cruise on the Breakaway.

We have been taking our youngest grandchildren on spring break cruises for the past 3-years.  At age 4 our GS discovered he loved mussels and lamb.  Given their ages we had to eat dinner early otherwise they would (mostly him) would fall asleep at the table.  We would call ahead of time to let the maître d know he wanted either lamb, mussels, or both and, while we were eating our appetizers, he had his main course.  Whenever he did fall asleep the staff put him in a wheel chair when we left the restaurant so we could wheel him to our suite.  GD loves Mac & Cheese and was able to order it whenever she wanted.  We found the venue fostered an atmosphere that helped teach the kids manners, etiquette, and proper dress.    

One of our suites was an aft facing penthouse.  We always ordered breakfast and it always arrived on time and hot.  An advantage of the aft suites is the ability to jump on one of the nearby elevators and zip up to the buffet and snag a few items as needed (cookies, OJ, milk, etc.)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 1:15 PM, Traveling Fools said:

Thank-you OP for posting the menu and photos if the items served.  It will be helpful to illustrate to our grown children what to expect when they join us in August for a combined reunion/birthday/holiday celebration cruise on the Breakaway.

One of our suites was an aft facing penthouse.  We always ordered breakfast and it always arrived on time and hot.  An advantage of the aft suites is the ability to jump on one of the nearby elevators and zip up to the buffet and snag a few items as needed (cookies, OJ, milk, etc.)

This is one of my fav threads - the pictures are worth a hundred words!  (edited to clarify, 100 CC words)

We will also be in an aft penthouse, and I also thought how great to have quick access to the buffet...maybe more so for the kids than us.  So glad that you had a hot breakfast even in the aft, as my plan is to have room service for breakfast several days. 🙂

Edited by GettotheSun

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry it took me so long to reply. Attached is the word program for your wonderful YouTube video and blog showing the menu with pictures of every food item. I just paused the screen, hit the print screen button, and pasted it into a paint program. Then copped the photo and inserted it into a word program. I have attached the PDF file. Again, thank you so much for taking the time and effort to make the video and your posts. Hope this helps someone. Cheers, Sandra

Haven Menu.pdf

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

The seared scallops are delicious but the zucchini pappardelle I could eat by itself.  So good.  Their burgers are huge and delicious.  My sister said the goat cheese galette was the best thing she's ever eaten.  The chilled soups rock.  And the banana cream tartlet we would ask them to put some aside for our dinner dessert.  Yum!!!!

AND such a simple things but they have the best fries I've ever had.  We are hooked on the Haven and now the ships that have the Horizon Lounge - that area is fantastic.

Edited by BEACHBARB
added info

On 11/1/2019 at 6:20 AM, Seany527 said:

It’s kinda tacky but whatever. 

But don't miss the chocolate croissants and the almond croissants.  I could go for one or two of them right about now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, GreenValleyDogWalker said:

Are hash browns available for breakfast ?? 

Only at home.  😞  I don't remember hash browns, but in the Haven, you can always ask if it is possible, just remember to be OK with them saying no (not everything is possible or easy for them).