Best Resorts and beaches in Nassau

Libertarian

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Blue lagoon is my favorite.  Beautiful beach and able to wonder around or swim with dolphins stingrays sea lions I think sea turtles too.  They serve you free lunch and you can use water boards rafts lounge chairs all free.

How do you get over there?

If you are sailing with RCCL they have an excursion to Blue Lagoon that includes Ferry ride (about 30 minutes from port), includes lunch and all the water toys plus you can swim with the sting rays at a cost of $55.    Or you can select the swim with dolphins for 89 or $99.   I usually select the swim with sting rays but never actual swim with the sting rays - I just use it to get to the island and enjoy my day there.     There are ferries that come and go all day.   They post ferry schedule at their dock.   

You feel like you are on gilligans island or the blue lagoon that was in the movie with brooke shields many years ago.    Beautiful way to spend your day.

ncl lists blue lagoon as same price as on the BL website. 69. impressed no markup

regarding return trips. about how often would you say they take you back?  the BL sounds like a fun place but also i think i want to walk around downtown a bit 

24 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

im assuming in general one never books anything until the day before when you know the weather. are any of these places capacity controlled. there are only 5 ships in port the day im here so not a full house

They are capacity controlled, especially during holidays. I’ve always booked before my cruise, but if it’s not a holiday, right before my cruise after checking the weather.

I book my excursions online before cruise then if weather report says it will be bad the day before the excursion I go to the excursion desk on the cruise ship and cancel and get full refund.  At least RCL lets you do this.   

Once you are on the island I think the ferries (2 or 3 of them) leave every hour back to port.    I think we got on the island around 9:30 am and we left around 2:30.   That was plenty of time to wander the island, check out the sea creatures, have lunch then go for a lazy raft float.

On 11/4/2019 at 7:37 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

Blue lagoon is my favorite.  Beautiful beach and able to wonder around or swim with dolphins stingrays sea lions I think sea turtles too.  They serve you free lunch and you can use water boards rafts lounge chairs all free.

May I ask you what type of cost is involved?  Is it a long ride? It is myself and a dear friend this time.  Normally, it is my husband and myself, so I am just thinking of two ladies, and my friend will have a smaller budget to work with.  Thanks.

On 11/6/2019 at 10:20 AM, luckyinpa said:

im assuming in general one never books anything until the day before when you know the weather. are any of these places capacity controlled. there are only 5 ships in port the day im here so not a full house

Blue Lagoon animal programs book up months in advance.   I wouldn't wait til the last minute if you are interested. 

5 ships is the norm, plus all the hotels are the island book as well.   

I booked for $55 for my january cruise with Rcl and that includes ticket to swim with stingrays.  We wont do that but it gets on the ferry and includes free buffet lunch and use of all the facilities.  You hop on ferry right near cruise port.  Takes about 30 minutes to get there.  Fun ride lots of things to see on way.  Then you can spend all day or 1 or 2 hours depending on what you like to do.  They have return ferries back to cruise port that leave every hour.  

On 11/5/2019 at 6:15 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

If you are sailing with RCCL they have an excursion to Blue Lagoon that includes Ferry ride (about 30 minutes from port), includes lunch and all the water toys plus you can swim with the sting rays at a cost of $55.    Or you can select the swim with dolphins for 89 or $99.   I usually select the swim with sting rays but never actual swim with the sting rays - I just use it to get to the island and enjoy my day there.     There are ferries that come and go all day.   They post ferry schedule at their dock.   

You feel like you are on gilligans island or the blue lagoon that was in the movie with brooke shields many years ago.    Beautiful way to spend your day.

Just looked up this excursion for my Navigator cruise and it doesn’t say anything about a buffet lunch. Does your listing say it includes lunch at the $55 cost?  The $89 beach break at Blue Lagoon does mention lunch....but I wouldn’t spend $30+ for the lunch excursion.

Yes I double checked and our excursion to blue lagoon and swim with sting Ray's does include lunch at cost of $55.    We have booked it twice in 2019 and booked again for grandeur ots sailing on march 27th

On 11/9/2019 at 3:47 PM, scubagirrl said:

Ferries do not run every hour.   Please check the website for schedules

And yes once you are on blue lagoon the ferries run every hour in the afternoon to return you to cruise port in nassau.  

We usually do Blue Lagoon on our own.
We take a cab to their sales center in Paradise Island. Buy the tickets from there and take their ferry from there. On return we either get off there or at the dock near the pier. Have done this many times and never had a problem.
We have also taken the ship's excursion, but prefer doing it on our own if we have a long day in port.

• 1 month later...

We take a cab to their sales center in Paradise Island. Buy the tickets from there and take their ferry from there. On return we either get off there or at the dock near the pier. Have done this many times and never had a problem.

Is there an advantage to do it this way? 

Edited by WashCoCruisers