Black Friday sale....what is usually included?

We have never paid attention to the RC Black Friday sales as we are usually traveling.  

What is typically included?

Just beverage packages?

Dining packages, shores, spa, etc? 

Actual cruise fares? 

For the “Cruise Planner” type items, is it typically all cruises or just ones within a certain timeframe? 

What has has been your experience / memory? 

Thanks. 

• Like 1

Last year I bought the drink package, dinner at Chops, and the internet package during the Black Friday Sale.  The discounts were better than I found any other time before our cruise.  I didn't look at excursions or other items so they may have been on sale too.

15 minutes ago, SherieW321 said:

I work with the same RCI planner for each of my cruises - at this point, he is like a weird long distance friend. He told me to wait until Black Friday before I buy any of the packages for our Feb 2020 cruise. 

I went ahead and purchased my drink package for our June cruise, but will definitely check on Black Friday.  I will also check at least once a week as well.  It sounds like repricing is pretty painless, so figured I might as well book now in case prices go up.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ryano said:

I am in hopes that the Unlimited Dining Package will be included 

That would be pretty nice.  The only thing I would caution of when buying UDP is if you have holidays in your cruising schedule and those holidays are excluded from the UDP. I am not saying ALL are, but we are sailing at Christmas and found that Christmas Eve and Christmas day were both excluded from the UDP.   

As with anything just check for exclusions before you purchase. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, legaljen1969 said:

That would be pretty nice.  The only thing I would caution of when buying UDP is if you have holidays in your cruising schedule and those holidays are excluded from the UDP. I am not saying ALL are, but we are sailing at Christmas and found that Christmas Eve and Christmas day were both excluded from the UDP.   

Thanks for that info!   Its an August cruise to Alaska 🙂     We had it purchased for the 9-1-19 Harmony cruise at 175.00 pp but cancelled because the cruise was shortened to three days because of Dorian.   Ive heard of prices as low as 126.00 pp on Black Friday sale.  I would love to see that!   

16 hours ago, ryano said:

Thanks for that info!   Its an August cruise to Alaska 🙂     We had it purchased for the 9-1-19 Harmony cruise at 175.00 pp but cancelled because the cruise was shortened to three days because of Dorian.   Ive heard of prices as low as 126.00 pp on Black Friday sale.  I would love to see that!   

I got that price on Cyber Monday last year, looking for that price again this year

17 hours ago, ryano said:

Yes, that would be great.  I would LOVE $126 pp on a Black Friday sale.

• Like 1

Drinks package - If there is a sale and you want to reprice, do they refund the whole amount, or do they simply credit back the amount you have saved?  As I am Canadian, I was wondering if it makes monetary sense in buying it, then refunding the whole amount, then buying it again as I'd have credit card fees and exchange rates each time...?

4 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Drinks package - If there is a sale and you want to reprice, do they refund the whole amount, or do they simply credit back the amount you have saved?  As I am Canadian, I was wondering if it makes monetary sense in buying it, then refunding the whole amount, then buying it again as I'd have credit card fees and exchange rates each time...?

You have to cancel and reorder.  The credit from cancelling takes 5-10 business days to show up.

On 10/30/2019 at 2:32 PM, legaljen1969 said:

It depends what ship you are on.  Only certain restaurants are excluded on those 2 days (the ones that have the special Christmas menu offered at a premium price). On Allure last Christmas we were still able to use our UDP at Sabor, Izumi, Samba and Hibachi on the 24th and 25th.

• Like 1

For my sailing last year the deluxe drink package was no different than the sale they had been running all year. The only difference was you were able to bundle it with a surf and stream package for $ 10 a day for one device. Since I was going to buy it for $15 a day it was a $5 savings by bundling the items. I was also able to buy the refreshment package for $18. I called and they allowed one deluxe and one refreshment package to be purchased.   The prices and sales seem to be exclusive to each ship and itinerary.

On 10/31/2019 at 9:19 AM, ilovetotravel1977 said:

The whole amount is refunded and you would have to buy again to reprice. The exchange rate back and forth definitely cuts into any potential savings from repricing. I wonder if it is possible to buy OBC and use that for cruise planner items and then have any refunded items returned as USD OBC so there isn’t that exchange rate penalty when repricing.

36 minutes ago, Lv2sail_18 said:

I wonder if it is possible to buy OBC and use that for cruise planner items and then have any refunded items returned as USD OBC so there isn’t that exchange rate penalty when repricing.

Hmmm, good question.  Anyone have the answer to this?  Pre-purchase say, $1000 in credits, then use the credits to buy the package online? Then, if I choose to cancel and re-purchase, it just goes back to my OBC, so no cc fees, etc?

51 minutes ago, Lv2sail_18 said:

...  I wonder if it is possible to buy OBC and use that for cruise planner items and then have any refunded items returned as USD OBC so there isn’t that exchange rate penalty when repricing.

As of today, purchased OBC does not show up on the Cruise Planner.