Black Friday sale....what is usually included?

I can hardly contain my joy as I reviewed the Black Friday "sale" on the items I was considering for my upcoming Anthem cruise.

All dining options - exactly the same price as last week! 

Single device Voom - from $13.99 per day to $12.99 per day.

There actually may be a break on deluxe beverage, $47.99, but I was not considering that.

Hope you all fare better.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, John Reid said:

I can hardly contain my joy as I reviewed the Black Friday "sale" on the items I was considering for my upcoming Anthem cruise.

All dining options - exactly the same price as last week! 

Single device Voom - from $13.99 per day to $12.99 per day.

There actually may be a break on deluxe beverage, $47.99, but I was not considering that.

Hope you all fare better.

I'm in the same boat... Nothing that I care about has a discount better than I have seen at other times.  I was hoping for deals on DBP and UDP for Radiance in May and Allure in Dec.  So far nothing that I haven't seen from time to time over the last few months.  Refreshment package and soda package are good deals but those aren't the deals I'm looking for Arrrrgh. Hopefully something changes when it is actually Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Whether all the prices will stay the same is unknown.  All I can say is that some items like the soda, refreshment and picture packages are some of the lowest prices I've seen for them.  I'm not expecting any further discounts

Last night I rebooked one shore x and the picture package- yes, lowest price I have ever seen.

15 hours ago, marklairdparsons said:

Is $53 per day for the Deluxe Drink Package a good deal?

In general comparing it to Celebrity and Princess who's drink package run around $70 plus grats. I think that'a a good deal. The problem with Royal Caribbean is that the price varies from ship to ship and sailing to sailing. On a different  ship and itinerary $65 may be a good deal. Personally I won't pay more than $50 on any line. Last year the refreshment package for my sailing was $18 and the deluxe was $49. I purchased on of each. DW had the deluxe because she likes her wine and I like my sparkling water and coffee. I just purchased a drink or two in the evening a la carte. In the MDR it was impossible to get a refill of anything. I had to get up walk to the bar to get DW wine and a sparkling water for myself. Mid cruise I was walking in with a coffee in a to go cup because the first few days coffee never came with dessert.  I never expected to be using the drink package for coffee in the MDR.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Normally we do not get the photo package; but the price is really good.  $119 for either digital or print package and for $159 you get both.  We get 1 free photo each; so I am debating if I should just get the digital package, and then our 2 free photos; but then again, for $40 extra; it is probably worth it to get them all printed.  This is for an 11 day cruise.  

Edited by ILOVEHI50

I could be wrong, and I only have the few cruises that we had booked last year and I marked, but I thought that last year's Black Friday also didn't have great price drops on the DBP.  I remember that DH got the refreshment for $19.65 CAD (or 14.80 USD), and unlimited dining came down, but not much else.  And with the $18 error, I'm not surprised that DBP deals aren't amazing this year either.

We got the internet package and refreshment drink package.

Prices before the sale for the internet (voom and surf were $15.29 US per day, then it dropped to 13.99 US per day last week and are now 12.99 US per day).

And we got the refreshment package, before it was $28.00 US per day and it dropped to $19.00 US per day.

We're sailing on the Freedom in March.

Ultimate Dining Package has also dropped from $168 US per adult to $154 US but we decided it still wasn't worth it for us to get.

All Access Ship tour has dropped from $89.00 US per adult to $76.99 US but the only date and time available for us would have interfered with the Bottomless Galley Brunch so we opted out. Galley Brunch isn't on sale but it's only $35 US per adult already.

Edited by letstrythisplace

4 hours ago, Bases5 said:

So is this the black Friday sale or a pre black Friday sale?

Will there be a different one on tomorrow?

The prices right now are NOT the black friday prices. The black friday sale starts at 8pm EST tonight. That's why there's a countdown

Edited by hotsauce126

The countdown clock i'm seeing ends at midnight EST tonight.  The page calls the current sale a "Preview". Who knows that means.   The deals see to be disappointing so far.  I'll be checking for new deals after midnight and throughout the weekend, but I'm not anticipating any.  I'll also be checking on Monday just in case.

8 hours ago, LuCruise said:

I could be wrong, and I only have the few cruises that we had booked last year and I marked, but I thought that last year's Black Friday also didn't have great price drops on the DBP.  I remember that DH got the refreshment for $19.65 CAD (or 14.80 USD), and unlimited dining came down, but not much else.  And with the $18 error, I'm not surprised that DBP deals aren't amazing this year either.

They weren’t amazing last year either. From what’s being reported the Deluxe is the same as last year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, canucks4 said:

I'm pissed off - the prices are reduced only for the second person - when you travel solo it's discriminatory - all the other sales are straight price reduced sales except the beverage package.  

If you are referring to the % off for the second person on the drinks package you shouldn’t be concerned. 

The  price you see is the price that each person pays.  Even if one person buys it that is the price.  Royal plays games and uses fake % off that you should just ignore.  

On 11/27/2019 at 5:52 PM, LuCruise said:

Two of my cruises have the water park passes at $131 CAD, so I'd say your price is pretty good!

If this is the Thrill Waterpark Full Day Pass, I had reserved it at $31.99.

Now, just cancelled and repurchased at $24.99..

• Like 1

I have 2 cruises booked for january.  The only thing on sale for them is internet where I saved $4 per day.

Same goes for my march cruise.  Excursions same or more than what I already booked.

But our 2 august cruised have some good sales on excursions where we saved over $100 on 3 excursions so far. 

Not seeing any sales on dining packages. Hopefully tomorrow or monday.