Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
skiiergirl

Black Friday sale....what is usually included?

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, icsys said:

Q - When is a sale not a sale...?

Anything advertised as such by RCI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Where did RCI say they all did or what the sale would be?

 

Obviously, you didn’t read my post.  I did not say anything about Black Friday.  The UDP math has been incorrect on our Cruise Planner for quite some time.  I wanted the reps to realize that the cost advertised, $20 per day X 14 days, did not equal $336 and correct their advertising - one way or the other.  That’s all!  THEY were the ones who couldn’t grasp simple math and kept bringing up their Black Friday sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

I did not say anything about Black Friday.  

Uh, this whole thread is about BF sales and issues. Your post might have belonged a bit better in the generic web site issues thread.

Edited by Biker19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

 

Obviously, you didn’t read my post.  I did not say anything about Black Friday.  The UDP math has been incorrect on our Cruise Planner for quite some time.  I wanted the reps to realize that the cost advertised, $20 per day X 14 days, did not equal $336 and correct their advertising - one way or the other.  That’s all!  THEY were the ones who couldn’t grasp simple math and kept bringing up their Black Friday sale.

Not sure what the gratuity % is, but  if the gratuity is 20%, could the math be $20x14= $280 * 20% gratuity to get to the $336? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

I also got some "deals" for my August Oasis of the Seas cruise.  

 

What did you find? I'm "locked out" of my reservation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, teeredi2cruise said:

Not sure what the gratuity % is, but  if the gratuity is 20%, could the math be $20x14= $280 * 20% gratuity to get to the $336? 

There is no gratuity added to the UDP when purchased pre cruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, sippican said:

 

What did you find? I'm "locked out" of my reservation.

Soda and refreshment packages.  Photo package and a few excursions on CocoCay is about it for good prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

There is no gratuity added to the UDP when purchased pre cruise

 

When I just did a trial purchase, just prior to proceeding to my cart, there was small print at the bottom stating that an 18% gratuity would be added to the package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sippican said:

 

When I just did a trial purchase, just prior to proceeding to my cart, there was small print at the bottom stating that an 18% gratuity would be added to the package.

If that is indeed the case then it is a very new change.

 

Try putting it in your cart. Does it add the gratuity. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sippican said:

 

When I just did a trial purchase, just prior to proceeding to my cart, there was small print at the bottom stating that an 18% gratuity would be added to the package.

Are you sure you are not thinking about the beverage package?  I just went and tried to purchase the UDP and it doesn't say anything about adding 18%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife and I are in separate rooms because of kids but under the same booking 

For some bizarre reason, when she called about the Black Friday sale, they said they cant do the buy one get one half off because we are not sharing a room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a couple bargains for our July 2020 Baltic cruise.  Refreshment package went from $28 pp to $18 pp, internet packages dropped as well.  The excursions didn't drop by much, mostly, but the Stockholm, Sweden tour that we wanted anyway was down 25%.  So, I got those three--the refreshment package, internet for 6 devices (1 pp, suck it up, kids!), and the one excursion.

 

Other excursion savings were in the $5-10 range--not worth it for us, since they weren't ones we were interested in, anyway.  The Sweden one was the only one we all knew we wanted.  We're still debating the other ports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, wahooker said:

 ...
For some bizarre reason, when she called about the Black Friday sale, they said they cant do the buy one get one half off because we are not sharing a room.

 

This sounds like one of those answers they get using the Magic 8-Ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, wahooker said:

My wife and I are in separate rooms because of kids but under the same booking 

For some bizarre reason, when she called about the Black Friday sale, they said they cant do the buy one get one half off because we are not sharing a room.

I have the same issue but we do have two separate reservation numbers. We’re in connecting rooms because of 4 kids. I’m hoping they have a deal works for us on Cyber Monday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Are you sure you are not thinking about the beverage package?  I just went and tried to purchase the UDP and it doesn't say anything about adding 18%

 

Sorry!

 

Edited by sippican

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JeffKoz said:

was hoping to see a deal on drink package....same old $61 / person deal touted as buy one get one 50% off.... no deal there, i had friends nab it at 57 a couple months ago....very disappointed in the items on the BF sale list

This reminds me of my wife’s big BF deal at the craft store today.  See got a door buster for yarn $4.88. I reminded her that on the previous Sunday she purchased the same yarn on sale for $5 plus a 20% discount coupon which comes to $4. Her big door buster sale cost her .88 more 5 days later at the big BF sale. Everyone is so blinded  about the great deals on BF that they sometimes are paying more. Needless to say DW was not pleased.

Edited by Iamcruzin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wahooker said:

My wife and I are in separate rooms because of kids but under the same booking 

For some bizarre reason, when she called about the Black Friday sale, they said they cant do the buy one get one half off because we are not sharing a room.

 

28 minutes ago, clonegirl said:

I have the same issue but we do have two separate reservation numbers. We’re in connecting rooms because of 4 kids. I’m hoping they have a deal works for us on Cyber Monday. 

It does not matter if you are in the same room or not.  

 

You do not actually get 50% off the price you see listed for the second guest.  The discount is already factored in, it actually says " the price already includes your discount"

 

If it says $50 pp and you are on a 7 fay cruise of you purchase it for 1 it will be $50x7 plus 18% gratuity which is $413.

If you purchase it for 2 people the total will be $50 x 7 x 2 plus the gratuity for a total of $816

 

I have cruises booked both ways with the kids and it works out the exact same per person  regardless of how many adults are in the room.

 

Yes Royals advertising is misleading, and their phone reps are worse.

 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

This reminds me of my wife’s big BF deal at the craft store today.  See got a door buster for yarn $4.88. I reminded her that on the previous Sunday she purchased the same yarn on sale for $5 plus a 20% discount coupon which comes to $4. Her big door buster sale cost her .88 more 5 days later at the big BF sale. Everyone is so blinded  about the great deals on BF that they sometimes are paying more. Needless to say DW was not pleased.

Ditto.  DH bought a new tv four days ago, regular price.  Today, advertised as a BF sale, they have it on for $50 more.  I have to roll my eyes....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, icsys said:

$48 USD for the deluxe package.... I wish we could see that kind of price!

Best we can hope for is £43 GBP which is $56 USD at current exchange... and that's the Black Friday 30% off price 😮

We just got the deluxe package for £38.76 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I normally don’t buy internet packages (just maximize my diamond 24 free hours) but I have family sailing in three separate cabins on Independence in February and we will need to keep in touch with each other.  Unfortunately, I understand Independence doesn’t have the chat feature in the Royal app.  

 

My Cruise Planner has a 4 device surf & stream for $23.99 per day which I believe I could share.  Is this a good price or another phony Black Friday deal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FloridaPalms said:

I normally don’t buy internet packages (just maximize my diamond 24 free hours) but I have family sailing in three separate cabins on Independence in February and we will need to keep in touch with each other.  Unfortunately, I understand Independence doesn’t have the chat feature in the Royal app.  

 

My Cruise Planner has a 4 device surf & stream for $23.99 per day which I believe I could share.  Is this a good price or another phony Black Friday deal?

That’s about what the price is all the time if you use your cruise planner to order it

 

Edited by ATC cruiser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...