Black Friday sale....what is usually included?

9 hours ago, pstone1 said:

The gratuity is not charged on pre-purchased Dining Packages.  It is only charged when you purchase onboard.

This was not the case for me. When I purchased, I was charged an 18% gratuity. Price was the same going through a TA, Online or calling into Royal. (I checked all 3, seeing if any of them had access to a better deal.

2 hours ago, wahooker said:

This was not the case for me. When I purchased, I was charged an 18% gratuity. Price was the same going through a TA, Online or calling into Royal. (I checked all 3, seeing if any of them had access to a better deal.

That’s odd!  Did you buy a package?  We buy a Dining Package (3, 5, UDP) or multiple packages (3+5) for every cruise and have never been charged more than the Planner price.   If we add another night or a lunch onboard, we are charged the additional 18%.

3 hours ago, wahooker said:

Are you sure you are not thinking of the beverage package.  Gratuities are not added to the dining package. 

• Like 1

Deluxe Beverage it’s cheaper today at $53/day dollars for my 7 days on allure of the seas in May. Cheapest I seen it so far.

The ultimate dining package was cheaper a couple weeks ago for the essential sale. It was like $25/day. Now it’s 26.

Edited by luisc25

50 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Does the Cruise Planner indicate Cyber Monday?

There is a place in my Cruise Planner to click on that says See Cyber Monday deals and like someone said above they are the same ones that have been there since last Wednesday

Cyber Monday deals seem to be the same for me as the Black Friday (in the past there is an extra savings on CM). 

The prices for 4 device voom, refreshment, Soda And cococay activities are the lowest we have seen since booking.  

DBP and UDP are equal to the lowest prices we have seen (60/day and $99). 

I am still on the fence - we have DBP booked but the $19 refreshment package is so well priced..need to really figure out if we will get the $80 benefit/day out of it!!

1 hour ago, Nextcruise42 said:

I booked the $19 refreshment package for myself, but dh wants the deluxe package . Since I  don't come close to making it worth it I  called rccl but no good on that option. 

You should call back and speak to someone else.  Or better yet, call the Crown & Anchor number. Your husband should be able to purchase the DPB if you have the refreshment package.

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

There is a place in my Cruise Planner to click on that says See Cyber Monday deals and like someone said above they are the same ones that have been there since last Wednesday

Thanks Ellen.

Major disappointment here in their "sale." Our Deluxe Bev Pkg has been $59 for awhile. The cyber Monday sale price is $51.  I do have to admit the regular bev pkg went down to $19, which is a fair amount less than when I looked the other day (I can't drink alcohol, so I have to take this package or hubby can't have the alcohol pkg himself.)

I'll keep looking and hope for a surprise sale... who knows.

10 minutes ago, bboop51 said:

Major disappointment here in their "sale." Our Deluxe Bev Pkg has been $59 for awhile. The cyber Monday sale price is $51.  I do have to admit the regular bev pkg went down to $19, which is a fair amount less than when I looked the other day (I can't drink alcohol, so I have to take this package or hubby can't have the alcohol pkg himself.)

Be happy yours went down at all. Mine hasn't changed

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, hotsauce126 said:

Be happy yours went down at all. Mine hasn't changed

I'm happy it went down but still disappointed.  I'm thinking this almost a quarter of what the cost of cruise is (with the 18% gratuity) and that is with only one booze package.

3 hours ago, bboop51 said:

My sale price was $57/day which I already had from an earlier sale.  Refreshment and soda package the only decent deals but not interested in either.

You would be looking at Cyber Monday deals now. If you book things on your Cruise Planner now, yes, you can cancel them up to 3 days (I think) before the sailing. I'm not sure why you would want to book them if you think you are going to cancel them, but sure! 

7 hours ago, bboop51 said:

I'm happy it went down but still disappointed.  I'm thinking this almost a quarter of what the cost of cruise is (with the 18% gratuity) and that is with only one booze package.

i paid $1400 for two people on a 9 day coming up in january.. drink package cost me $1100 for the two of us lol 

• Haha 1