Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
skiiergirl

Black Friday sale....what is usually included?

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Coralc said:

You would be looking at Cyber Monday deals now. If you book things on your Cruise Planner now, yes, you can cancel them up to 3 days (I think) before the sailing. I'm not sure why you would want to book them if you think you are going to cancel them, but sure! 

Cyber Monday, yes! Black Friday on the brain....🙄 Just not sure about some of the excursions but thought I would book them just in case and cancel later if I change my mind. Thanks for the information and correction!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the price on what you *may* want to do looks good now, book it. That way, you’ve reserved your spot on it should it get sold out, and if the price is OK with you now, go for it!

 

Then periodically check if the price doesn’t drop again later - if it does, cancel & rebook. The best deals that I got on some things came during this BF/CM sale, but most of the lowest prices for my stuff was just found by chance in between sales. So, check, and check again your Cruise Planner on a regular basis!

 

If a better value or more interesting excursion becomes available, or you change your mind, you can cancel it before you sail - just read the conditions carefully, so that you’re aware of the exact rules for cancelling (it can vary.)

Edited by snowglobe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone help me out, haven't had to buy packages thru planner before.  I have 2 rooms booked - mine and then one for my kids next to me 19 & 17 yr old. When I purchase the packages, do I buy them under my reservation number or theirs?  Soda  package, internet and Co-Co Cay? TIA!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Daisymae14 said:

Can someone help me out, haven't had to buy packages thru planner before.  I have 2 rooms booked - mine and then one for my kids next to me 19 & 17 yr old. When I purchase the packages, do I buy them under my reservation number or theirs?  Soda  package, internet and Co-Co Cay? TIA!!

 

You buy under whatever reservation holds the guests that will use the package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Host Clarea Thank You! I thought so, but wasn't too sure about Internet, If I paid for 2 package deal under my name and just gave them the info to log on or put it under my oldest sons reservation for the 2 of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daisymae14 said:

@Host Clarea Thank You! I thought so, but wasn't too sure about Internet, If I paid for 2 package deal under my name and just gave them the info to log on or put it under my oldest sons reservation for the 2 of them. 

 

It really does not matter which reservation buys the internet service.  You can share that with anyone you like as long as only 2 devices are connected at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Daisymae14 said:

Can someone help me out, haven't had to buy packages thru planner before.  I have 2 rooms booked - mine and then one for my kids next to me 19 & 17 yr old. When I purchase the packages, do I buy them under my reservation number or theirs?  Soda  package, internet and Co-Co Cay? TIA!!

For soda you would have to buy it under theirs.

 

For CocoCay if you are all doing the same thing then you can buy it under yours and just add guests from another reservation.  That way you can book for 4 and all be guaranteed the same times.  If you booked both separately you could run into the situation where the time you selected for the first group of two was not available for the next group of 2.

 

Don't forget that for internet you can choose a 2, 3 or 4 device package and only need to purchase that for 1 guest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ourusualbeach, wait when you buy Co-Co Cay they have times to enter? I have never been to the new "Co-Co Cay"yet so all new to me this time. I did not realize they had time limits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Daisymae14 said:

@Ourusualbeach, wait when you buy Co-Co Cay they have times to enter? I have never been to the new "Co-Co Cay"yet so all new to me this time. I did not realize they had time limits?

It depends on what your buying.  If you are just getting admission to the waterpark then there are no times.  If you are purchasing a jetski or parasail excursion or other excursions then there are times.

 

You don't actually have to purchase anything to enjoy CocoCay

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Ourusualbeach,  Ohh... ok Great! Thank you! We are just doing the waterpark and enjoying the day, no other excursions this time around. The boys are doing all the tubes, but in order for me to get pictures and such, I have to pay to get in to see them, so I may get brave enough to ride something with them. 😁😮 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on the Allure on 12/8 and I've been watching prices almost every day for the last 3 months. The unlimited dining package is $5 more right now than the cheapest price I've seen. The unlimited alcohol is $3 more per person. 

 

I did see that the in-room decorations, wifi, and picture packages are the cheapest they have been. We saved about $12 for the decorations, $13 for the wifi (We did 2 devices - surf and stream), and nearly $100 for the digital pictures. 

 

This includes Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.

 

Current Pricing:

 

Unlimited Dining - $179

Deluxe Beverage - $52

In Room Decorations - $27.99 

WiFi - $18.99 per day

Digital Pictures - $119.99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After looking over deals for internet, and speaking with Verizon- Verizon has the $10 travel pass, you are only charged the days you use it. So even if I use it vs buying the internet package, its cheaper, so why buy VOOM? Anyone used their own plan and bought the travel pass before they left for a cruise? TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Daisymae14 said:

After looking over deals for internet, and speaking with Verizon- Verizon has the $10 travel pass, you are only charged the days you use it. So even if I use it vs buying the internet package, its cheaper, so why buy VOOM? Anyone used their own plan and bought the travel pass before they left for a cruise? TIA

 

The travel pass does not cover connectivity while at sea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to say - This year's Black Friday and Cyber Monday "sales" in the Cruise Planner were beyond disappointing. I have two RCL cruises booked, one in April and one over Christmas 2020 and the prices in my Cruise planner didn't budge one dollar from where they have been over the last few months. It was very disappointing and leads me to believe they won't go down much (if at all) before sailing. The Deluxe Beverage Package has been listed at $61/day for months (and claims to be 20% off the onboard price). I've always gotten this package for $42-47/day previously.... Okay, I am done whining, I just had to vent about this for a minute 😑

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sale that never is...

 

Royal's sales actually hurt upper tier members as balcony/suite discounts are pro rated based on the "sale".  I have an A2 that I have been looking at and this sale actually costs me 40.00 more after applying my discount than before the sale with the discount.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Samanthac25 said:

I just want to say - This year's Black Friday and Cyber Monday "sales" in the Cruise Planner were beyond disappointing. I have two RCL cruises booked, one in April and one over Christmas 2020 and the prices in my Cruise planner didn't budge one dollar from where they have been over the last few months. It was very disappointing and leads me to believe they won't go down much (if at all) before sailing. The Deluxe Beverage Package has been listed at $61/day for months (and claims to be 20% off the onboard price). I've always gotten this package for $42-47/day previously.... Okay, I am done whining, I just had to vent about this for a minute 😑

 

My thoughts exactly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Samanthac25 said:

I just want to say - This year's Black Friday and Cyber Monday "sales" in the Cruise Planner were beyond disappointing. I have two RCL cruises booked, one in April and one over Christmas 2020 and the prices in my Cruise planner didn't budge one dollar from where they have been over the last few months. It was very disappointing and leads me to believe they won't go down much (if at all) before sailing. The Deluxe Beverage Package has been listed at $61/day for months (and claims to be 20% off the onboard price). I've always gotten this package for $42-47/day previously.... Okay, I am done whining, I just had to vent about this for a minute 😑

 

 

I was able to book the soft drink package at $6.50 a day instead of $9.  That was a win !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Maverick61 said:

 

I was able to book the soft drink package at $6.50 a day instead of $9.  That was a win !

That is a win, I'm glad someone got a deal 🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

The sale that never is...

 

Royal's sales actually hurt upper tier members as balcony/suite discounts are pro rated based on the "sale".  I have an A2 that I have been looking at and this sale actually costs me 40.00 more after applying my discount than before the sale with the discount.  

 

Agreed! Very clever of RCI to do "instant savings" as opposed to OBC, because the "instant savings" overrides the C&A balcony discounts. Found that out yesterday when booking an Explorer cruise for 2021 - the price before and after using my C&A number (Emerald) was the same... 🤬

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maverick61 said:

 

I was able to book the soft drink package at $6.50 a day instead of $9.  That was a win !

Same here, applied it to 6 Cruises, half are 10/11 niter's. Though just paid $450 Down Payments on 2 Royal Cruises released few hr's ago, on Celebrity they have Black Monday $25 down which paid on 2 different Trans Atlantic's. Also got Free Internet and $200 OBC for Celeb sailings

Edited by ONECRUISER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fletch1027 said:

 

Agreed! Very clever of RCI to do "instant savings" as opposed to OBC, because the "instant savings" overrides the C&A balcony discounts. Found that out yesterday when booking an Explorer cruise for 2021 - the price before and after using my C&A number (Emerald) was the same... 🤬

 

 

 

Yep, that's one of their favorite ways to diminish C&A perks without changing the rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Same here, applied it to 6 Cruises, half are 10/11 niter's. Though just paid $450 Down Payments on 2 Royal Cruises released few hr's ago, on Celebrity they have Black Monday $25 down which paid on 2 different Trans Atlantic's. Also got Free Internet and $200 OBC for Celeb sailings

The Celebrity deal is nice. We also booked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...