Black Friday sale....what is usually included?

6 hours ago, DISFANS3 said:

Hope the have a good price on the Drink package on Black Friday???

Not to be a pessimist, but am I the only one that thinks they won't have a great Black Friday sale this year on the Deluxe Drink Package?  They have substantially raised the DDP price the past few months and with the $18 mix up (which may be related to the increase), not expecting any good discount.  Or they will have a sale similar to the current 30% off, which relatively is a sale, or say $62 to $57, but is still more than they used to be.

Plus from what I remember from last year, excursions, the refreshment package and dining packages were discounted but don't think the DDP has much of a sale.

Edited by LuCruise

On 10/31/2019 at 9:19 AM, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Drinks package - If there is a sale and you want to reprice, do they refund the whole amount, or do they simply credit back the amount you have saved?  As I am Canadian, I was wondering if it makes monetary sense in buying it, then refunding the whole amount, then buying it again as I'd have credit card fees and exchange rates each time...?

In your case I would wait. I will also mention that last year on the Anthem the Deluxe package was the same buy one get one 50% off when we boarded and I think the price held for the next day. That’s the price I paid on BF CM weekend and it never went any lower.

30 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Not to be a pessimist, but am I the only one that thinks they won't have a great Black Friday sale this year on the Deluxe Drink Package?  They have substantially raised the DDP price the past few months and with the $18 mix up (which may be related to the increase), not expecting any good discount.  Or they will have a sale similar to the current 30% off, which relatively is a sale, or say $62 to $57, but is still more than they used to be.

Plus from what I remember from last year, excursions, the refreshment package and dining packages were discounted but don't think the DDP has much of a sale.

I agree 

• Like 2

On 10/30/2019 at 11:48 AM, SherieW321 said:

I work with the same RCI planner for each of my cruises - at this point, he is like a weird long distance friend. He told me to wait until Black Friday before I buy any of the packages for our Feb 2020 cruise. 

Good to hear as we have a feb 2020 cruise planned also. (2/13 indy)

On 11/1/2019 at 8:46 PM, Host Clarea said:

As of today, purchased OBC does not show up on the Cruise Planner.

Yeah I think Royal hires a person.........he is there to try to check on all loop holes of all the policies and packages. No prior experience needed for this position...................

Edited by Jimbo

Well, I'm hoping they offer Black Friday sales on some of these packages and we might be able to get a bit of a break on the price that we have paid.  Someone on our Roll Call just noticed that the cut-off for online purchases in our Cruise Planner has been changed to midnight on Sunday 12/01.  So, we will not be able to take advantage of any Cyber Monday pricing for our sailing the following Saturday. 😒  At least I thought the cut-off was three days prior to sailing.

Edited by jk04

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Yeah I think Royal hires a person.........he is there to try to check on all loop holes of all the policies and packages. No prior experience needed for this position...................

I think that Royal most values experience with a dartboard and the magic 8-ball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/1/2019 at 7:01 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

It depends what ship you are on.  Only certain restaurants are excluded on those 2 days (the ones that have the special Christmas menu offered at a premium price). On Allure last Christmas we were still able to use our UDP at Sabor, Izumi, Samba and Hibachi on the 24th and 25th.

That makes sense.  I had not taken into consideration that many of the other "specialty" (for fee) restaurants on the larger ships  might not be excluded. I didn't realize that not all the restaurants were not subject to the Holiday Celebrations packages.  As we are sailing on a smaller ship at Christmas (Brilliance), the only For Fee restaurant not restricted in Izumi. 
I do know that we were told that the "Holiday Celebration Dinner" was the pricing for the evenings it is offered.  So speaking only for what we were told for our particular itinerary and date- you cannot book Chops or Giovanni's table under the regular pricing and just forgo the goodies that come with the Holiday Celebration meal.   
My main point was that anyone booking a dining package during a holiday cruise- please check and make sure that whatever you want to book is not excluded from the package.  If it is, then you may want to look at whether it is worth it to book the package.  

On 10/31/2019 at 9:24 AM, Host Clarea said:

You have to cancel and reorder.  The credit from cancelling takes 5-10 business days to show up.

Yep, the credit takes 5-10 business days to show up, but the new purchase posts to your CC account immediately (or gets deducted from your OBC immediately).  Just like everything else, they get their money fast but take their time giving it back. 

We book our extra's typically when booking the cruise.  However if the price comes down significantly we rebook at the cheaper rate.  The only issue is that you then have to rebook and pay and wait until you get a refund back on your credit card-if just a few dollars, not worth it IMO, however if we are talking saving a good amount we cancel and repurchase.  This also applies to the cabin/suite as long as we haven't paid in full for the cabin/suite.

I'll be dropping about $10k on a two bedroom aquatheater suite for a cruise in late 2021. I know these book up quickly so I want to jump on it as soon as it becomes available. The schedule release happens on November 18th, but the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales won't be for another two weeks after that.

How can I make sure I don't miss the 2br ATS while still getting the benefit of any black friday or cyber monday sales?

30 minutes ago, spooky981 said:

How can I make sure I don't miss the 2br ATS while still getting the benefit of any black friday or cyber monday sales?

Welcome to CC.

Assuming a NA booking, you can get price drops and perks adjustments after booking - but don't expect any due to BF or CM.

Edited by Biker19

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC.

Assuming a NA booking, you can get price drops and perks adjustments after booking - but don't expect any due to BF or CM.

So you're saying you don't anticipate any discounts on suites in the BF or CM sales?

14 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

What I'm saying even if there were (unlikely) you can get them even if you are already booked.

That's outstanding. So the strategy is to book on day one of availability, and call up Royal Caribbean every time I see the price get lower?

In all the years I have been cruising, I don’t think I have ever seen suites go down in price. They seem to have some algorithm that increases suite cost as the number of suites available decreases.

But if someone else has seen suites decrease in price I would love to know the strategy!

Edited by cindivan

7 minutes ago, spooky981 said:

That's outstanding. So the strategy is to book on day one of availability, and call up Royal Caribbean every time I see the price get lower?

Yep, especially on suites which tend to book fast on some sailings - don't count on the price droping outside final payment.