Black Friday sale....what is usually included?

11 hours ago, Bases5 said:

Does surf and stream justify the $4 difference in price over just surf

It all depends on how you want to use your device. If you want to stream videos you need both surf and stream. If you just want to check email or text surf will be adequate.

13 hours ago, Bases5 said:

Does surf and stream justify the $4 difference in price over just surf

So far we’ve only gotten surf, and it’s been fine for going on Facebook, uploading pictures, DH watching short YouTube videos.  Except on our Alaskan Radiance trip- Internet was so bad that they gave us a full refund!

I have not booked excursions yet, so there is a great possibility to wait and book BF or CM for lower price?? I have decided to take my kids to Blue Lagoon and do encounter and beach day.  Has anyone see price for this excursion to come down on either of those two days, from past experience?  Cruise is Dec 16th - Navigator of the Seas.

23 minutes ago, Daisymae14 said:

I have not booked excursions yet, so there is a great possibility to wait and book BF or CM for lower price?? ...

There's a possibility, but I cannot say it is great.

1 hour ago, Daisymae14 said:

I have not booked excursions yet, so there is a great possibility to wait and book BF or CM for lower price?? I have decided to take my kids to Blue Lagoon and do encounter and beach day.  Has anyone see price for this excursion to come down on either of those two days, from past experience?  Cruise is Dec 16th - Navigator of the Seas.

There is no downside to booking today.  If the price drops simply cancel and re-book

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

There is a current  promotion that ends on the 18th that is only good on sailings between November 20 and May 31 2020.  The percentage varies on different  sailings  and is up to a 35% discount.

What I find interesting is the 35% off sale now on our drink package is $51 pp   I bought it months ago at 20% off for $51 pp. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bases5 said:

What I find interesting is the 35% off sale now on our drink package is $51 pp   I bought it months ago at 20% off for $51 pp. 

I paid $50 several months ago too for cruises all the way to December of 2020. Recently added another cruise next September and the UDP is currently $55 on "sale", so waiting to see if it drops at least to $50 on BF. If not, may go ahead and purchase it and reprice later if it drops. Afraid that it could go up even higher if I wait too long.

9 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

I paid $50 several months ago too for cruises all the way to December of 2020. Recently added another cruise next September and the UDP is currently $55 on "sale", so waiting to see if it drops at least to $50 on BF. If not, may go ahead and purchase it and reprice later if it drops. Afraid that it could go up even higher if I wait too long.

I haven’t said Royal in many years. We booked the Oasis for April 2020 and I was not aware of there dynamic pricing. At the time of booking the drink package was $47 pp.  Being dumb I’m thinking I will wait to buy it ( I didn’t know it would change)  with in a few weeks it went up all the was to $65 pp. 

So when it went back to $51 I snag it. I watch daily now. If it drops again I’ll re buy. 
 I think that this is crazy but it is what it is.

• Like 1

What does Royal Caribbean consider "specialty beer" that is excluded from the package? For example, we really only drink craft beer, vs Budweiser/Coors, etc. We'll be doing an Alaska cruise, and have heard that they often sell local Alaska craft beer on board. Would those be covered, or is craft beer what is considered "specialty"?

12 minutes ago, JSSpence said:

What does Royal Caribbean consider "specialty beer" that is excluded from the package? For example, we really only drink craft beer, vs Budweiser/Coors, etc. We'll be doing an Alaska cruise, and have heard that they often sell local Alaska craft beer on board. Would those be covered, or is craft beer what is considered "specialty"?

Only one that comes to mind is Chimay Blue 750ml.

This is already a 4 page thread. Which to me means that many of us are 'expecting' a good Black Friday sale. Which also means that RCL doesn't need to discout as deep. But having said this, we're hoping for a good ULD price for our 9 day cruise on Explorer.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin