Black Friday sale....what is usually included?

1 hour ago, CP3o said:

So IF we can believe the flyer dates then it seems like wouldn't want to book tonight just in case the prices seeing now are normal fluctuations and might be slightly better tomorrow on the 27th.  

The counter arguement I guess is to assume sales for "Dates: November 27 - December 3, 2019" have already been loaded b/c soda package is 6.50.

They are on Mine. Soda was in my multiple sailings Cart's, unpurchased that I put in weeks ago. Asterisk showing dropped to $6.50(+ Grats)... 

Edited by ONECRUISER

I am sailing on the Oasis in December 22. Just went online and found the soda package is on sale for $6.50 a day ( never seen it below $8.99 a day) and the refreshment package is on sale for $17 a day. Check your sailings and see if there are sales.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mspect462 said:

I am sailing on the Oasis in December 22. Just went online and found the soda package is on sale for $6.50 a day ( never seen it below $8.99 a day) and the refreshment package is on sale for $17 a day. Check your sailings and see if there are sales.

I bought the Refreshment Package for $22 CAD tonight...so that's about in line with your $17US.  That's on Explorer for next month.  I had to cancel my Cafe Card as that was duplication. We'll see if it's worth it for me.  The fellow told me that there was no limit to the number of drinks I could have. I know there's a limit with the alcohol package.  I'm looking forward to trying a whole bunch of drinks I've never had.  Should be interesting!

2 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

I bought the Refreshment Package for $22 CAD tonight...so that's about in line with your $17US.  That's on Explorer for next month.  I had to cancel my Cafe Card as that was duplication. We'll see if it's worth it for me.  The fellow told me that there was no limit to the number of drinks I could have. I know there's a limit with the alcohol package.  I'm looking forward to trying a whole bunch of drinks I've never had.  Should be interesting!

there is no limit with the alcohol package, not on royal other lines do though just fyi

• Like 1

I noticed they added the Black Friday ad this morning, but the prices I saw from last night are the same.

It says:

beverage packages up to 50% off 

dining packages up to 40% off or more

internet & more up to 35% off or more

shore excursions up to 25% off 

beverage packages look like Refreshment and soda packages, some token discount on some deluxe packages. 

Internet deals for 4 devices that was worth it. 

Shore excursions looked the same as before

Dining packages looked similar to previous “sales” with nothing special. 

I saved $3pp on Refreshment package for my kids and snagged 4 device internet for $23.99 per day. 

On my sailing there seems to be some pretty good deals. Harmony Oct 11 - 18:

• Deluxe Beverage Package: BOGO 50% OFF at approximately 55.80 USD per person per day (65 USD with gratuities)
  • Ultimate Dining Package: down by approximately 35 USD for a 7-night cruise from the last time I saw the price. It went from 209 USD per person to 174 USD per person, so 25 USD per day. (29.50 with gratuities)

I wasn't tracking the exact price of other stuff, but The Key went slightly up for me. Internet packages didn't seem to show too much of a difference, but SURF + Stream for 2 devices is now around 17 USD per day, so more or less 8.50 USD per device per day. Prices for activities in CocoCay seem to have gone down as well, and I can see the Coco Beach Club Day Pass for around 46 USD and Thrill WaterPark Full Day Pass for around 68 USD per person.

One thing to note: I'm in Brazil, so all prices I see are in Brazilian Reais. The prices above I have converted using Google's exchange rate, but Royal Caribbean is fairly benevolent in their exchange rates so if you are in the same cruise and note that the prices in USD are slightly higher than what I posted, it could be because of that.

Edited by PQI
Ooops, I miscalculated the BOGO50 discount. The price listed already includes the discount.

3 minutes ago, PQI said:

On my sailing there seems to be some pretty good deals. Harmony Oct 11 - 18:

• Deluxe Beverage Package: BOGO 50% OFF at approximately 55.80 USD per person per day, so two people would be 83.7 USD per day, or 41.85 USD
  • Ultimate Dining Package: down by approximately 35 USD for a 7-night cruise from the last time I saw the price. It went from 209 USD per person to 174 USD per person, so 25 USD per day.

I wasn't tracking the exact price of other stuff, but The Key went slightly up for me. Internet packages didn't seem to show too much of a difference, but SURF + Stream for 2 devices is now around 17 USD per day, so more or less 8.50 USD per device per day. Prices for activities in CocoCay seem to have gone down as well, and I can see the Coco Beach Club Day Pass for around 46 USD and Thrill WaterPark Full Day Pass for around 68 USD per person.

One thing to note: I'm in Brazil, so all prices I see are in Brazilian Reais. The prices above I have converted using Google's exchange rate, but Royal Caribbean is fairly benevolent in their exchange rates so if you are in the same cruise and note that the prices in USD are slightly higher than what I posted, it could be because of that.

the price per person that shows under the sale banner already reflects the "discount". when you add it to the cart and divide it out you'll see its 55 pp per day + 18% for tip so really aprox 65 pp per day 

Just now, EDiamond22 said:

the price per person that shows under the sale banner already reflects the "discount". when you add it to the cart and divide it out you'll see its 55 pp per day + 18% for tip so really aprox 65 pp per day 

Yeah, just noticed that when I added it to the cart and edited the post above with the correct info. Thanks!

just checked my sailing, pretty much everything (that ive been watching) is exactly the same, and ironically the only change i can see is the single surf only package is 2 dollars more than it has been recently. disappointing.. but really wouldn't expect anything else from royal lol  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PQI said:

Yeah, just noticed that when I added it to the cart and edited the post above with the correct info. Thanks!

no problem brother i did the same thing when i first starting tracking prices, the key is ignore the sale banner and just look at that per person per day number, it does change! some times up some times down, no rhyme or reason that's the royal way. lol 

Last year the dining package went down on Cyber Monday.  If they do that again I'll buy it for my January cruise on Adventure.  If not I probably won't spend the money.  Right now for my sailing it's $176, which is what it was 2 weeks ago.  It fluctuates between $192 and $176.  Unless they do the BOGO 50% off sale like last Cyber Monday, I'll probably skip it.

Just now, KansasBeachLover said:

Last year the dining package went down on Cyber Monday.  If they do that again I'll buy it for my January cruise on Adventure.  If not I probably won't spend the money.  Right now for my sailing it's $176, which is what it was 2 weeks ago.  It fluctuates between $192 and $176.  Unless they do the BOGO 50% off sale like last Cyber Monday, I'll probably skip it.

any chance you're referring to the Jan 4th sailing? ill be on that one 🙂 
im watching the DDP right now, no movement from the 55 per day some of my party got it at 48 when we first booked, one guy grabbed it at the 18 per day on that royal mistake 🙄 ive seen it jump too 59 and 64 also so if cyber monday doesnt bring any good luck ill just pull the trigger on what ever its at

No, we are on January 18th.  I WISH I had caught some of that stuff on the Royal mistake!  I got my dining package last year the Tuesday after Cyber Monday for the BOGO 50% off for my January Vision cruise and I was happy I had it.  I'd do that any day.  But it's not important enough to me to pay $400 for us to have it.  At that price I would feel like I have to eat the specialty dining every single night to make the cost worth it....and some nights I just don't feel like doing a big dinner.  

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dslucas said:

None of these great “deals” apply to the Mar 15 sailing of Anthem I was stalking. Looking further into it, it appears that’s a popular college spring break week: oh boy.

I’m on that sailing as well.  The prices on it are basically the same as my other 4 sailings next year. There really aren’t any deals other than the soda, refreshment, Internet on some ships and the photo package. 

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

I’m on that sailing as well.  The prices on it are basically the same as my other 4 sailings next year. There really aren’t any deals other than the soda, refreshment, Internet on some ships and the photo package. 

Guess there won’t be any sale on the UBP either? They probably figure all the college kids will buy it at full price anyway. 

Small savings on the May 3 Harmony but nothing earth shattering.  Deluxe Beverage Package has been $65 but went down to $61 about a month ago for a few days and then back up to $65.  Now at $61 again. 

Last year on Black Friday I got the Deluxe Beverage Package for $55 for the Sept 1 Harmony for this year but that is the sailing that was canceled due to Hurricane Dorian so we rebooked for May 3.  Also was able to get Chops for $39 last year but now they don't offer just Chops. 

Oh well...I'll keep looking

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

So just curious cause online it say's black friday preview.. so does this mean the prices could be lower on friday.. or are today's special prices the black friday deals?

Whether all the prices will stay the same is unknown.  All I can say is that some items like the soda, refreshment and picture packages are some of the lowest prices I've seen for them.  I'm not expecting any further discounts

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Whether all the prices will stay the same is unknown.  All I can say is that some items like the soda, refreshment and picture packages are some of the lowest prices I've seen for them.  I'm not expecting any further discounts

agreed there is no telling with royal lol but there is a select few discounted right now, but at this point since the price (for my sailing atleast) the things im watching are the same, im going to hold out and see if tomorrow/friday brings anything better. 

• Like 1