Princess World Cruise benefits

islandwoman

1 hour ago, Go-Bucks! said:

But didn't you once say that this was some type of error on their part and others aren't going to get $9,000 obc per couple?

Affirmative, our OBC includes the $1,000 returning pax bonus and $500 from our TA. Based on per couple, the basic OBC was $6,000 then we received $2,000 returning pax bonus and $1,000 for our TA.

However, for later bookings the OBC was reduced by 50%.

On 11/20/2019 at 5:56 PM, Heidi13 said:

Affirmative, our OBC includes the $1,000 returning pax bonus and $500 from our TA. Based on per couple, the basic OBC was $6,000 then we received $2,000 returning pax bonus and $1,000 for our TA.

However, for later bookings the OBC was reduced by 50%.

I thought I remembered you saying that your amount was more than others would get.

In all fairness to those considering a world cruise, I would suggest that you state the amount of OBC that would have normally been given to all passengers instead of the extra that you personally got...just so no one has any mistaken ideas about your cruiseline. 😊

• Like 1

Go-Bucks. Thanks!  You make some good points. Yes, China. A personal visit to the SF consulate did the trick. Ugh, and Brazil?  Worse—hated being without our passports for 2 weeks BUT now we have a 10-year visa. . I reviewed the Sydney cruise destination countries  and calculated I could handle visas myself.   I push paper and manage bureaucracy daily—so this is one of my superpowers. 

and re:excursions?  I confess a unique advantage.  We will have 48 ports on our WC. I have run an artists colony for 8 years which has supported 2500 artists from 55 countries in the last 40 years. In many ports, artists become my tour guides. I have met up with a visual artist in Hong Kong, a filmmaker in Tallinn, writers in Singapore and choreographers in Italy, . I also know directors of artist residency programs, museums and arts councils all over the world. Arts people are like family—we extend hospitality to each other.  Consequently, I am able to learn about various cultures from a unique perspective. Looks like I have artist connections in  over half of our ports. And use a no-fee international friendship exchange for some. And happy to pay “tours by locals” or airbnb experiences for others. And sometimes we just wing it with walking tours and HOHO busses.  With extensive research in advance, our feet guide us. 

We head out on our first Oceania cruise in April. And I will consider your points. I can still change my mind!  The WC is 18 months away. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1