"Taste of Royal" Lunch Experience

bob brown

I just reserved this for my cruise on Oasis in February. I guess I don't get everyone calling it lame and warning that it's not worth it when no one has actually tried it.

By February I would imagine that there will be reviews by people who have tried it and, if those reviews are unfavorable, I will have plenty of time to cancel it.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 11:32 AM, Biker19 said:

The same ones who'll pay $1000+ for a cabana at CocoCay.

Or the "cheesy" Mystery Dinner at Giovanni's RC pushed (not sure if they still do it). The meal was awful because of its limited selection...and the acting was over dramatic. Oh well, live and learn!

13 minutes ago, blueridgemama said:

I just reserved this for my cruise on Oasis in February. I guess I don't get everyone calling it lame and warning that it's not worth it when no one has actually tried it.

By February I would imagine that there will be reviews by people who have tried it and, if those reviews are unfavorable, I will have plenty of time to cancel it.

I think that people are calling it lame solely based on the price point.  For that price you could eat in two of the specialty restaurants at lunch and still have money left over.  Economically it does not seem to be a very good deal.  

• Like 3

I went in my cruise planner tonight to check the prices of a few things and I see Taste of Royal. I know it wasn't there the other day. 

Taste Of Royal A FEAST OF FLAVORS A four-course meal featuring specialty dishes from across the fleet. 
Its a lunch that costs almost as much as the 3 night dining package!! 

I thought I was being Punk'd.

I understand Royal needs to make a profit but some of their new programs/options leave me very puzzled 

I was interested in learning more about this lunch so I sent an email to RCI with my questions. I received a response today.

The lunch will be held in 150CP

It includes the aperitif drink from Hooked

Seating may be communal (like Chefs Table) or individual tables

Number of participants will be limited.

Wine flight is extra

18% gratuity will be added

Just got off Anthem.  We were offered 40% off the price of $54.99 and made reservations.  The menu showed up on the Royal app, and we wound up canceling.  It was the exact menu that has been posted in this thread and was to be at Wonderland.  Also supposed to include a tour of some on the kitchens-I believe he mentioned Izumi. Just didn't sound like anything we wanted badly enough, even at the reduced price.  I explained when we canceled that we had been looking forward to it, but were not happy with the menu.      

Edited by MaryL31