What's For Breakfast On Celebrity? Share Your Favorites and Breakfast Secrets

vtcruising

4 minutes ago, awhfy said:

I can still taste the waffles with orange butter from our recent Eclipse to Hawaii sailing. I’d get in line & the sweet little girl (Annie) would say, two today miss?  Just a second. One guy in front of me turned around & said do you tip her, I said no; she’s just nice (I did give her $20 on the last day & she cried). Waffles & always with orange butter!

That was very nice of you.  I usually ask the waffle cook to take a few out early for me. 😊

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Nope, not your imagination.  I need to remember to start mentioning it on the survey.  Seems like I'm not the only one who has noticed.  Maybe we should all mention it on the survey.

I mentioned it on the survey & to the chef (he looked surprised) at Elite coffee break

8 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Interesting.  I quit going to that years ago.  As soon as I became Elite+ and could get my coffee fix in Baccio for no charge.

We often head for the Elite breakfast even after leaving a hearty Luminae breakfast - because it’s so nice to watch the morning wake of the ship from Tuscan (on some ships) while sipping a Bellini. THEN I go to al Baccio for more coffee which is free anyway with the beverage package. I enjoy being over-caffeinated on vacation.

3 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

We often head for the Elite breakfast even after leaving a hearty Luminae breakfast - because it’s so nice to watch the morning wake of the ship from Tuscan (on some ships) while sipping a Bellini. THEN I go to al Baccio for more coffee which is free anyway with the beverage package. I enjoy being over-caffeinated on vacation.

I'm liking these suggestions...🙂

On 10/31/2019 at 9:46 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Love the Ed's waffles sign!  As Ed would say, they must come straight off the griddle.  I like mine with orange butter.  I believe he prefers syrup.  I used to love the hash browns in Luminae.  On Equinox this fall, I was not impressed.  Must have been a different chef.  Also love almond croissants, generally only available in al Baccio.  Or your butler can bring them.  Although the amount of almond paste therein has decreased noticeably over the years.  May have to resort to bringing my own and supplementing the meager amount.

I may need to bring, not the Vermont maple syrup, but some almond paste onboard!  You are absolutely right.  The “almond croissants” now just seem to have one lone sliver of almond on the top.  No paste inside at all.  🙁

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 9:16 PM, vtcruising said:

This was my BIL and SIL's first cruise  and first cruise room service breakfast, so went a little overboard - notice the VT maple syrup we brought with us - no fake stuff for us!

image.thumb.png.4dfa03af5c92af5b1b64592de5453b26.png

What we need to look for next time? 🙂

This looks great!!   Nothing better than a breakfast like this on your balcony.  I hope you BIL, SIL and others can enjoy while they can.  The Edge IV balconies are too small to accommodate a table like this and the balcony tables are being eliminated from other revolutionized ships.  After the Revolution I guess you're just supposed to put this marvelous breakfast on the floor and balance your tray of pancakes and French toast on your lap while you cut your pancakes and toast.  I hope no one drops their knife covered with the real VT maple syrup on the floor.

I encourage everyone to enjoy this while you can.

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2019 at 8:47 AM, Mynki said:

I did notice on our recent cruise that they've changed the pillow chocolates. They're smaller, inferior and were only available in dark chocolate with no milk chocolate versions aboard apparently. You spend thousands of dollars on a cruise and they still cut back on the 10 cent pillow chocolates! Can someone please fire LLP? 

Mynki- maybe they just ran out of the Milk chocolate version on your cruise?  We had both on our recent cruises which is very good since I prefer dark and dw prefers milk chocolate.  So both of us are happy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

It's this in the MDR? Does X provides Salsa?

This was from Luminae - not sure if they do this in the MDR or OVC. They did have salsa for the Mexican Eggs Benedict in the OVC.

Edited by vtcruising

16 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

This was from Luminae - not sure if they do this in the MDR or OVC. They did have salsa for the Mexican Eggs Benedict in the OVC.

The huevos are definitely my favorite breakfast order in Luminae. It seems like there was a little ramekin with more pico de gallo sauce, along with that shown in the photo spread on a tortilla under the avocado.

9 minutes ago, Caribbean Chris said:

The huevos are definitely my favorite breakfast order in Luminae. It seems like there was a little ramekin with more pico de gallo sauce, along with that shown in the photo spread on a tortilla under the avocado.

There could have been. It was very good.🙂

Although we miss the museli made to order tableside  at  BLU, they do have a nice one in the AQ spa cafe...

And as the thread grows, we are getting new ideas....  X does a great job with breakfast...lots of variety and usually hot...except for room service which is hit or miss...

10 minutes ago, hcat said:

Although we miss the museli made to order tableside  at  BLU, they do have a nice one in the AQ spa cafe...

And as the thread grows, we are getting new ideas....  X does a great job with breakfast...lots of variety and usually hot...except for room service which is hit or miss...

Agree. We've always enjoyed our breakfast and service in the MDR and the different selections. 

20 hours ago, hcat said:

My dw loves greek yogurt in the morning and can only find it at the Spa Cafe.  Not in the Oceanview. Not even in Luminae.  Funny thing is that at the Spa Cafe they insist on using it in a smoothie.  Sometimes they will not give her a bowl straight up.  She needs to order a smoothie with no fruit!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

My dw loves greek yogurt in the morning and can only find it at the Spa Cafe.  Not in the Oceanview. Not even in Luminae.  Funny thing is that at the Spa Cafe they insist on using it in a smoothie.  Sometimes they will not give her a bowl straight up.  She needs to order a smoothie with no fruit!

Interesting - I didn't realize that. Did she try the Eden Cafe? They had yogurt there, but not sure if it was Greek yogurt.

1 minute ago, vtcruising said:

Interesting - I didn't realize that. Did she try the Eden Cafe? They had yogurt there, but not sure if it was Greek yogurt.

There was no Greek Yogurt in the Eden Cafe on our cruise in January.  Only in the Spa Cafe.

On 11/2/2019 at 1:34 PM, hcat said:

I SO miss the tableside muesli from Blu!  Haven't tried what's on offer in aqua spa cafe.  Prefer being served at breakfast but may have to give that a try.

I enjoyed the greek yogurt with blueberries and strawberries from the Spa Café several times on the Equinox last month. It is on the menu but not displayed so you have to ask for it. I also liked the half bagel with peanut butter and bananas. The Greek yogurt and bagel made for a nice breakfast with protein after several days of overeating!  

Just now, Sherman78 said:

I enjoyed the greek yogurt with blueberries and strawberries from the Spa Café several times on the Equinox last month. It is on the menu but not displayed so you have to ask for it. I also liked the half bagel with peanut butter and bananas. The Greek yogurt and bagel made for a nice breakfast with protein after several days of overeating!  

That sounds really good.

On 11/1/2019 at 2:01 AM, Xport said:

They also tend to be available daily at the morning Captain’s Club Continental Breakfast/Coffee event for Elite, Elite +, and Zenith members...

We have frequented the Elite breakfast in Tuscan on Sea days.

On Eclipse in 2015 it was buffet style, on Silhouette 2018 it was plated service. Not sure if this was because there were fewer Elites, or whether it was due to a ruling that buffet service cannot happen in carpeted areas.

The attached picture is of the Ultimate platter, which I had already shared with my husband. He had the cheese, i a meal Dairy Intolerant. There was also cheese & fruit platter on offer.

2954793F-AB9F-4292-BD55-E40754D765CC.jpeg

• Like 1